Dumplings Face is all fuzzy

Fostermom

Owned by
Over 10 cockers
she's looking like a wookie, her face fur grows super fast.

So anyhow, I'm going to give her head a touch up. Maybe tonight. Who knows.

Do you guys want pictures of before, during and after to see how I do a typical pet cut?

Now remember, I'm not a master groomer. Robin is the master groomer and Kelly is the show groomer. I am the pet groomer, and do mostly cockers and poos and sometimes a few other mixes. Even though I have bichons, I stink at doing their heads.

This will be how I do a pretty head for a pet, well if all goes according to plan. hehehee

I don't know how to do a video once it's unloaded, but I can try if someone walks me thru the process to figure out how to make it smaller and post it

I think pics would be great Linny!

I'm a show groomer, but nowhere near a master groomer! Linny and I actually do a fairly similar trim, IMHO.

Linny, you can always load the video on YouTube and link to it here . . . that would work.

Fostermom said:
Do you guys want pictures of before, during and after to see how I do a typical pet cut?

Need you bother asking?! Of course. :p

I guess we do Kelly, different techniques -- but almost the same results -- almost hahaha, sometimes I have to re-do a day later to calm down the sticky outties.

Here is her fuzzy face from just a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
Yep, I have even adopted your method of trimming the topknot on non-show dogs, because it's so much easier than the show method :) See - I am open to learning!

Lin, if you need help posting a video of your cutie-pie black and tan angel, let me know

kelly,

ya know what's funny? When you ask a groomer how they clean out the brows. Some dogs do have a natural clean brow, but others, like Ling and I noticed on Pollys brown boy, it can be rather prolific.

The basic answer is always the same:

Oh I just whack at it with thinners till it looks ok. HAHAHAHA

or, I run a 9 over it forced till I like it.

Me, I do a blend of both of those things, but it all depends on the dog. Ling Lin has 2 tan colors, so I love to highlight that.

Jack Jack looks like he has a low brow line -- you must have fun cleaning that out. hehehe

Did you need to ask? Of course I want to see. Even if I can't clip it's always good to get new ideas. If I didn't have wonderful groomer Julie, I might have even taken a stab at grooming.

I've watched a few grooming DVDs, and most of them run the clippers over the brow to clean it out. Jack Jack's are actually not too bad to keep clean, but Grace and Farley have prolific brows too, and that's the first place they start looking unkempt. Drives me nuts, as I really like a nice, clean brow.

I know Linny.. my Stormy is starting to look like wolfman LOL. I don't really clean up the eyebrows.. He looked so beautiful when Robin sent him to me LOL.. I took some pix just now of my boy's TKs.. I will post them.:naughty:

:redface: Even though I have a certificate, I don't know it all. You're all embarrassing me. I too like to learn of other's techniques and results, especially if it saves time LOL!!!!

Just for fun,

Ling Ling's name is really Dumpling,

but she's also:

Bleumoon's Tupalo Honey (daughter of Gordon; Master of Illusion)

Surely you jest!!!! OF COURSE we want the pictures or a video or whatever your little heart desires to do!!!

Pictures, Pictures...WE WANT PICTURES!!!! (Oget the message???)

Back