Ears

Big mamma

Has anyone had a problem with their show cocker scratching their ears, we took flo to the vets many times but still scratching it's driving her mad they gave us caneastean cream I've tried all sorts to relieve the scratching.
Thank you

I hope she is doing better. If it's allergy related, sometimes it takes weeks before her skin will calm down.

I'm sorry your baby is having so much trouble with her ears. It can sure be a problem with cockers with their heavy ear flaps.
Here is a great product, there are also recipes to make this yourself all over the internet, in fact the recipe is on this site also.

The trouble is that these ear issues can really develop into bad infections that can calcify the ear canals. Good luck with your baby.

I have two show cockers. If your dog is stratching her ears I’d take her to the vet and get her ears cultured. That way you’ll know exactly what is going on in there, if it’s allergy, or bacteria, and exactly what medication you’ll need to get the ears cleared up. After that regular flushing using one of the recipes on here, or the link Polly posted, or an ear wash recommended by your vet can help to keep her ears in good shape.

Back