Favorite Cocker shampoo

Fostermom

Owned by
Over 10 cockers
Maybe we talked about this before but we have new members and I forget LOL

mine is Crown Royal #2. (out of it)
and I used to like Nova Pearls

what is your favorite?

I may be in the minority, but I still like Mane and Tail. It makes their coats soft and shiny :)

Plum Silky by Nature's Specialties (I think) and Laser Lites Protein Lanolin shampoo. I also like #1 AlL Systems Super Cleaning & Conditioning shampoo.

Conditioners - Crown Royale conditioner and Laser Lites Protein Lanolin conditioner with Silk & Drape added in.

I use Vellus shampoo and condition as my favorite 2nd favorite...laser lites...lanolin protein shampoo and conditioner with silk and drape added....3rd favorite....Isle of Dog...heavy management conditioner.......bought Robin's favorite ..needed to use it today. Have one itchy dog and she gets Relief shampoo and conditioner or Emu Oil shampoo and conditioner with spray....Also.....Another favorite is Nature's Specialties...oatmeal formula.......Now which of those should I used and stick to.....I don't use the same shampoo all the time and I find that some work better on certain dogs than others. Mine all have fairly long coats, but not show length.......well, maybe Suzie, but not totally.....Good thread ...thanks for sharing......

Robin, How do I use the Abra Ca Dabra.......I bought shampoo and conditioner....Joyce

Sometimes I actually mix several together. Seems like I need to swith around sometimes on certain dogs

Joyce,
Mix according to the directions on the bottle. I think the concentrate shampoo is like 22:1
Do the same with the conditioner. The conditioner can also be used as a leave in also when diluted. I like them as they seem to help with the static. And you're right, it is good not to use the same shampoo all the time on a dog as their hair gets used to it and it won't work as well all the time. Not all shampoos that work on one dog work well on another dog either. Just experiment! Dog hair is just like human hair, all different!

I need to change Ellie's shampoo but she is allergic to so much I'm afraid I will pick something she is allergic to. What she uses now is a shampoo from the vet and I think it is drying her coat out on her back.

I'm guessing everyone that replied has long haired cockers? We just took the boys to be groomed. Not sure what she uses, but they smell delicious. They are naked again, good thing it's not cold right now.

Dot, what shampoo does the vet have her on and what's the main active ingredient? I for sure wouldn't use a leave in conditioner or spray of any kind as that can make her very itchy as well.

I like crown royale #2 and crown royale leave in conditioner.

Robin,
The main active ingredient is Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4%. Not positive of the name as part is covered by the vet label but I think it says ChlorhexiDerm Maximum.

I have used Pantene regular thinned out in a spray bottle on her legs for tangles and it hasn't seemed to bother her - but I don't put enough on to get down to her skin either.

Nothing special here so long as it has Neem oil in it. Vet Formula shampoo, Suave aloe vera/vit E cream rinse.

I need to find something for Gracie. She is always scratching. No red skin, ears are perfectly clear, and yet she scratches so much her ear hair gets broken off. It doesn't matter what I use (oatmeal, medicated, etc) she scratches mats into her chest and sides. She's on grain-free, so that's not it. I think it's environmental, from living in an oil community. Our plants give off a lot of CRUD. She's getting a benadryl every day, but I don't see it helping. What do people use on itchy dogs???

I got two scratchers here. Nemo the naughty and Carly the cocker. She even chews mats into her sides... so, I put a shirt on her most of the time. I'm gonna shave her down any minute now.

Gonna try a new Tea Tree Oil shampoo on her and the naughty one.

Ling likes to chew too -- I think it's become a habit on her though.

I need to find something for Gracie. She is always scratching. No red skin, ears are perfectly clear, and yet she scratches so much her ear hair gets broken off. It doesn't matter what I use (oatmeal, medicated, etc) she scratches mats into her chest and sides. She's on grain-free, so that's not it. I think it's environmental, from living in an oil community. Our plants give off a lot of CRUD. She's getting a benadryl every day, but I don't see it helping. What do people use on itchy dogs???

Is she scratching even in the wintertime? My Malaseb Shampoo is still on back order. Never had a chance to use it yet.

Hydroxyz HCL can be used for ichyness, it is a antihistimine used for both humans and dogs!! It worked great for my previous Cocker (RIP) Mandy.

Lisa

Is that a shampoo Lisa?

Manuel, she scratches year-round, regardless of weather.

Manuel, she scratches year-round, regardless of weather.

Have you had her allergy tested? Also sometimes just the dryer enviroment of having the heat on in our homes makes for itchy sking, I have found that increasing the oils in their diets can help.

Is she scratching even in the wintertime? My Malaseb Shampoo is still on back order. Never had a chance to use it yet.

Yeah had to go to something else for Zoe too Manuel...we are going to give Dermazole as try. My vet can't get the Malaseb shampoo either. Some places may still have the Malaseb on thier shelves but for now it is a no go. I really only try to use it when Zoe's has and outbreak cuse Ifeel that it leaves her coat dry and it breaks easier.

Back