Feel that Buttons is really mine now!

Newmommie

Owned by
1 cocker
As some of you know I adopted my first cocker Feb 1st. I'm making that her birthday & settling for her being 4 yr old (best guess).

We had 2 weeks to return her to the shelter if for any reason it didn't work out. Yesterday she got her rabies shot & bartonella booster. Vet check/exam.

When I said to go ahead with the microchip I realized she's really a member of the family now & we'll just work out whatever is to come. The vet commented that the "honeymoon" might last about 4-6 weeks before she shows her true character.

So I've made the final committment on a little doggie I never imagined owning ( I wanted a mutt!), and will be learning alot from all you wonderful cocker owners,breeders,groomers......I'm very pleased I found this site & hopefully I can contribute something besides picking your knowledge.:)

Buttons says to thank all of you also since her mommie doesn't know much about cocker spaniels but she's learning:p Such as the fact I like to chew stuff up when mommie's busy fixing breakfast,today it was a Vick's nasal thingy I discovered in a basket. I might be put in my crate tomorrow morning!

Congrats on getting a new furry one! My first exposure to Cockers was when my Gramma had a black one named Honeychile...she was black as night...go figure. Honey & Cuddles the Chihuahua got stolen. I always knew someday I would have my own Cocker Spaniel and I've had seven so far! Difficult breed as they are needy and high-maintenance but they are the best breed for me! Best of luck with your newbie and trust me when I say you will always ask for advice! They are special these dogs.... :)

Oh it sounds like you have so much love for her that no matter what comes along the LOVE will conquer anything.
Hope to hear nothing but good reports from you about your little girl.
Anita

When I was young, my parents always had larger dogs. My first cocker was years ago, I was working at Occiental College (Of President Obama) when a student walked thru with the most beautiful cocker over her shoulder. She was trying to find a home for him. He was mine! And we have never looked back!:)

I grew up with Old English Sheepdogs. After Keith and I got married we lived in an apartment which had a 25 pound weight limit for dogs. I fell in love with cocker spaniels and have never looked back.

I grew up with Old English Sheepdogs. After Keith and I got married we lived in an apartment which had a 25 pound weight limit for dogs. I fell in love with cocker spaniels and have never looked back.

Karen! I think Old English Sheepdogs are so cute! You don't see them around as much anymore..

Newmommie, make sure and sign up for some obedience training if you haven't already. It will be a great experience for you and Buttons. :thumbsup:

Manuel, I'm planning to visit a place nearby that grooms as well as trains. I don't drive for health reasons so need to work out the logistic's of the future with Buttons.

Last night she managed to grab a wooden spatula from the dishwasher when I had my back turned,this morning it was one of my Birk sandals. So far she's found some new enticing thing to chew on everyday!

Does love her new Kong,it's one of those black ones hopefully she can't chew through! And she's getting back @ bigdog (who hides the toys under the deck), she's now taking the toys upstairs to the loft & stuffing them in a loveseat.

She's a character! I can see why people love these dogs so much. That cute face looking soooo innocent!/B]

Newmommie said:
Last night she managed to grab a wooden spatula from the dishwasher when I had my back turned,this morning it was one of my Birk sandals. So far she's found some new enticing thing to chew on everyday!
Let her know the Birkis are on the do-not-chew list (lol). Good thing she has plenty of toys in the house to chew instead.

Back