First time cocker owner.

She is starting to get an interest in chasing them for now.
An she is starting to go in the brush an kick them out for me.
SO I am happy with that. Basically I want her to be my jump dog. I set up on a pile an send her in. She kicks the rabbit out an I get it.
Then on to the next pile. She loves to make the rabbit tow squeak. She rally does not try to destroy it.
But man oh man you give her a raw hide an its game over. She will destroy one of those in no time flat

thanks for sharing the pic's. What a shiny coat! I look at all that stuff around & wonder how you do it? Buttons would have everything in sight destroyed by now! Including all the clothes off the hangers.......

Im not sure why her coat is so shiny.
I do add two teaspoons of veg oil to help with her skin, That may be helping with her coat being shiny.
She all so gets a bath about once a week. She likes the mud and my carpet does not,
As for all the stuff around. LOL I am a bachelor. What you saw in the few photos is nothing. I just keep an eye on her an make sure she has chew toys. If I see her going after something other than a toy I SSHH her.
The only time I don't watch her nonstop is bed time. Then she gets free rain of the bed room. The hangers she leaves alone but my sandals are a different story. lol Yea leather sandel an leather bone. Go figure.
:D

I'm thinking you got very lucky with your new dog not chewing! What kind of veggie oil are you using if I might ask? I'm keeping a list of all the stuff Buttons has destroyed,I should have named her "Marlette" (based on the Marley dog story).She has alot of toys,however every single day I've had her so far she's found something to "get". Today she was dancing around on the DR table! (forgot to push a chair under). If I'm on the phone she has to be in her crate.....well I have to add that everyday she also makes me smile & laugh!

Sorry I have not posted in a while.
Been buesy with work an taking tabby to the new dog park.
It is huge. She loves to run an play with all the other dogs.
She does not know a stranger. She plays well with the big dogs since she cant role them. There are a few that love to role her. An she is the one that starts it most of the time. But is all good. There tails are going a mile a minute.

There are a few that I don't like to let her play with. There was one today that really got aggressive with her. rolled her really hard an growled a few times.
I broke that up fast an tried to keep her away from that dog.
We were running on the other side of the park an that dam dog ran all the way over just to roll tabby. Well that dog got a boot in its rump.

The owner just laughed. Wanted to give him a boot.
Any ways the oil I use is crisco.
Im looking at getting her some fish oil pills to give her once a day.
well Need to take my camera next time an get some pics.
later all
DAVE

A park like that is a bit too wild for my liking. Some dogs don't belong at the park. I would freak if another dog came after Gabby or Hoshi. Most of the time nothing happens. They just sniff noses/butts. Yet, there's always that slim chance the dog will attack. It's happened and I don't like breaking up fights. Gabby was attacked by a chow. I broke it up in seconds although Gabby received deep bites in the brief time. Gabby was attacked a second time (another chow). Gabby was okay although I got bit and needed a tetanus shot.

Hi Dave and Tabby. Welcome!! I am Randy and I live in Lima, Ohio with Butters my 12 y/o cocker and R.J. my 3 y/o springer. R.J. has a bunny just liked Tabby and he enjoys running around with it his mouth and making it squeak. He loves his squeaky animals. We also have a duck, gopher, cow and squirrel and moose. There are pics of them in my album.

Back