Flea Products

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Hershey's Mom said:
Don't forget guys- As far asd any flea preventative-

1. Are you using just plain Frontline or Frontline Plus? Frontline PLUS is the only one on the market you can give a dog baths in between treatments as it's water PROOF
Advantix is only water REPELLANT.

2. Remember it's most likely killing what's on the dog but the dog is probably picking up NEW fleas from their ENVIRONMENT (where they walk, eat, sleep, etc.)

My point is, your product is working, you're just not noticing it or using the one needed ( if you bathe in between).
Good luck! I've been very lucky this year as I've educated my new neighbors and they've actually listened as compared to ones I've had in the past.

This was in another post but I thought it was helpful and posted it here as well. Feel free to add any additional info. I didn't know about waiting the day after a bath before applying Frontline either.

Yes, after your dog's bath, it's important to wait at least 24 hours before applying your flea topical in order for the oils to redistribute on both the dog' skin and hair for it to work properly. I've been amazed that vest and pet stores do not tell thus information.

I think Hoshi is picking up more fleas on his walk. Frontline doesn't seem to kill those weeks after the application. At least not right away.

24 hours before or after for the bath, but we use the Frontline spray and have noticed a few fleas here and there and it was making me nuts. So I bought a new bottle in case my old bottle was expired. Vet said it doesn't expire so go figure

We normally don't have a flea problem. Of course new ones come in with fleas and they are squirted right away and mine would get a quick spritz as preventative. Buttercup also had to have a capstar.

I might switch over to advantage too. But I have to wonder why frontline isn't working for so many now. ???

There is a new product on the market, but you can't use it if you have cats that might lick your dog. One of our cats does kiss and groom the dogs so that's out.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that so many were having problems with frontline. Maybe I'll buy advantage next month also.

Here's what it says about Frontline Spray

Frontline Spray Fast-Acting Frontline® Spray Kills Fleas for Up to 30 Days. This spray-on topical flea control formula can be applied directly to pets to provide fast-acting control of fleas and ticks for up to 30 days. Spray bottle is easy to use, ensures fast and even application, and can be reapplied regularly. Kills fleas before they lay eggs, effectively preventing reinfestation. Contains fiprinol to kill pests quickly and safely. Safe for dogs, puppies, cats and kittens 8 weeks or older. Frontline Spray is available in 250 and 500ml

Item# Item Name Our Price Qty Add
16110-250 Frontline Spray- 250ml $35.99
16110-500 Frontline Spray- 500ml $56.99
Check the items you wish to purchase, then click

Features:

Kills 98–100% of existing fleas in less than 24 hours
Continues killing fleas for an entire month or more
Remains waterproof for 30 days, even if your dog or cat swims or is bathed
Gentle enough for use on puppies and kittens 8 weeks of age or older

Technical Specs:

Recommended for:

• Severe existing flea and tick infestations • Initial treatment of flea allergy dermatitis (FAD)
• Multi-pet households • Often used by your veterinarian, in clinic, for quick treatment

FRONTLINE Spray can be used on puppies and kittens 8 weeks of age or older and provides a quick and effective way of eliminating large flea and tick infestations already on your animal. FRONTLINE Spray is ideal for reducing and controlling fleas and ticks in multi-pet households.

With severe infestations, many vet clinics will apply fast-acting FRONTLINE Spray to your pet right in the clinic and then recommend at-home follow-up with the long-lasting control of FRONTLINE Plus or FRONTLINE Top Spot®.

I use frontline on the girls, my daughter uses it on Buddy and my mom uses it on Lady. We do not have any issues with it not working for our dogs. I use the regular not the plus as we do not go hiking with the girls and ticks are not an issue in our area. I figure why give them something they don't need.

We don't go hiking. But I found a tick on Maggie last summer. I think it must have come from the tree she likes to lay under.

Can you use Frontline and Frontline spray at the same time? There's no chance of an overdosage?

I use frontline on the girls, my daughter uses it on Buddy and my mom uses it on Lady. We do not have any issues with it not working for our dogs. I use the regular not the plus as we do not go hiking with the girls and ticks are not an issue in our area. I figure why give them something they don't need.

DJ, the difference between the two is in being waterproof.

Another spray that is really good that I use and it's not as expensive as the Frontline spray is Adams Plus.

We use the Adams carpet spray as we have mostly hardwood and tile floors. We use the shampoo when they get infested. We use Frontline Plus regularly but when I comb and brush them lately, there seem to be not just a couple of fleas but seem to be hundreds on the girls. The vet gave us Capstar for both girls recently. He said to use that the topical and the other treatments we use. Each year the fleas seem to get worse and worse.

I'm so glad I don't have an issue with fleas. I guess I will stick to frontline plus since it's working for us.

I haven't had to use anything much since moving here, knock on wood. If we are leaving the area on a trip with the boys, I do use Frontline plus but I don't have to use anything on a regular basis.

Jo, In Indiana if things got that bad I would bug bomb the house with a product that also killed the pre adult fleas, spray the yard, leave the house for the day, and have the dog flea bathed by the groomer. I think Frontline plus works but the fleas don't die right away when they get on the dog. If there are lots of fleas in the environment, they can ride around on the dog for a while until they die and new fleas can hop on all the time. Best to make sure the fleas in the house and yard are eliminated as much as possible.

I use the Frontline Plus on my guys too and it worked fine until the backyard puppy store moved in next door. I spray the yard monthly and use the carpet sprinkles. Also the Adams flea spray when I'm grooming. Sounds like a lot but this is Florida...fleas are a constant fight.

Anyone else using Comfortis? I started using is last summer and again this summer. Did Frontline Plus last summer and still had fleas. Think I was told that they had changed their formula and it wasn't working as well - won't swear to that but think that was what I was told. Anyway switched to Comfortis and it's expensive but does the job.

I have treid Comfortis and they use it at the rescue I used to volunteer at. I'm not impressed. Fleas still bite. All the rescues still had fleas at the expo too. One of the ladies said it was because the rescue owner didn't use the stuff regularly but I don't know.

I use the frontline spray on my pups I like how you can target the bad area (the back side or the back of the neck) and know that you are treating the specific areas where the fleas are attacking. I have not noticed any changes on my pups are far as reinfestations I spray about once a month and use a household spray for the furniture at least once in the spring and once in the fall. I vaccumn the house good and put the dogs in the yard spray the house and then we spend an afternoon at grandma's house to let the household spray set in and work its magic.

I use dawn dish soap to clean them and then put Frontline on them. If the fleas get bad I also Borax their beds and my carpet.

This is the 2nd time I've heard Dawn mentioned for bathing. I've looked it up online I have heard some "groomers" are using it too. I'm a little surprised.

Back