Fleas

Thanks Manuel, I made some up this morning and sprayed Pye down, so I will see how it goes. I wonder if it will repel nats and mosquitos I think they get bit more by them, I never find fleas on them.

I noticed some fruit flies hanging around Hoshi one day. I think they were attracted to the apple cider vinegar. Still better than bugs that bite.

Maybe Manuel! Do you spray Hoshi down daily? I'm not sure that I will need to.

Every time he goes for a walk. A couple times a day. Maybe I don’t have to but I wanted to be sure.

Ha ha. Not horse flies though. These were tiny fruit flies landing on his feet that I sprayed.

Hope they stay gone
I wouldn’t take him to a non air conditioned place either, too hard on them

I noticed Hoshi isn't constantly licking his paws like he usually does. Maybe it tastes bad or soothing whatever's making him lick.

I use Revolution and so far, so good. However I have considered Bravecto and there is another one (maybe called Simparica...?) did some reading and decided that I would give the lemongrass oil and vinegar a try before that. I read story after story of side effects and there seemed to be alot of adverse reactions and it made me stick with Revolution (which does not protect against deer ticks btw).

We don't have fleas (thank goodness), but I have been using Bravecto on Bella & Zoey as well as the guard dogs at work for the past several years to deal with the ticks that are getting worse each year.

I haven't had a flea on Callie. But, we have a bad problem w/ticks in this area. So, I have her on Nexguard. It seems to do the trick.

Back