gall bladder surgery

sam01

Hi all, this is my first post, my 9 year old cocker is having gallbladder surgery tomorrow. :( just wondering what to expect, if any one has experience? thank you. kevin & kelley

im gonna try to attach a pic of the wigglebutt!!

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpg
    IMG_1228.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 50
Welcome Keven and Kelly. You have a cute cocker spaniel. I don't personally know of anyone with that experience. I would google it and you might find something helpful. Sending prayers for your wigglebutt tomorrow.

Hi , welcome and I hope all goes well. I have never heard of that but I am learning there are a lot of things these furkids get that I have never heard of!

Hi Welcome! :D
Prayers going up for your baby's surgery. I'm not sure I have ever heard of a dog having gallbladder surgery either. Lots of humans tho..

U S A ct 231009 137.jpgHello & thank you all for you good wishes, samantha is doing well tonight. the gall bladder was 7 or 8 times theU S A ct 231009 007.jpg size it should be? ? they dont know why.. but we should have her back tomorrow~ i'll give a update tomorrow night. thanks again. Kelley & SamanthaU S A ct 231009 135.jpg

I'm glad she's okay. Tell us about it if you don't mind. How did she end up needing surgery?

Whew, it's always good when they get out of surg. Bet she was in pain if it was THAT big. Poor girl. Hopefully it's removal will improve her quality of life immensely.

Let's pray she is back to her healthy self quickly. All the best with the surgery and quick recovery..Joyce

Hello all, Samantha is home tonight & a bit sore. she has about 25 suture's , how we found this was through random, bloodwork that showed a liver concern- so we had a ultra sound done & found a extremely large gallbladder. but now she's in recovery mode & hopefully we have her for years to come!

I hope her recovery goes well and she gets feeling better quickly. Good thing you found it!

So glad to hear that Samantha is doing well. How long did it take for her to begin eating? Our Daisy, who is also 9 years old, had emergency surgery Thursday night and they removed her gall bladder. She came home this afternoon and has been home for about 3 hours and is unable to keep any water down. Any input or great ideas to get her to eat will be greatly appreciated. I have to take Daisy back for more blood work tomorrow morning...hopefully her bilirubin count will continue to come down. So strange..she was great one day and the next day we were in the emergency room. Best to Samantha....Jane and Daisy and family

so sorry to hear about daisy, we certainly understand what your going through sam was eating before she could come home (day after surgery) she is drinking large amounts of water.. but is doing extremely well. our thoughts are with daisy & hope she gets better soon.

Last edited:
Hi all. Hope Samantha is doing better. I'm Randy in Ohio (originally from Maine) and am owned by 3 spaniels. Butters, 13.10 y/o tan/white; R.J., 4.9 y/o springer; and Rusty, 2.6 y/o red cocker.

Back