rescue Got him

DotInFlorida

Owned by
2 cockers
She just called a couple minutes ago. We are going to her house at 9 in the morning. Could have knocked me over with a feather when she called.

Gotta do a mapquest it's way down in Tampa.

Just the one from her other ad on the first page of my original thread. I took one with my cell today but it was crappy.

BWHAHAHAHAHA we opened the box from the crate we were loaned today. It's a chicken crate! Jaime is gonna be so pissed - she thought it was a dog crate.

I have a crate you can have. I live in the zip code where the dog is at. You have my #.

Congratulations! He sounds like an old fashioned cocker by your description. I'm partial to those ones because of Gabby. I know he'll be in good hands--and finally get rid of those matted ears. The pictures can wait. He needs some TLC first.

Great news Dot! I'll find the other post to see how the meet went.

We're back.

Owner gave me a ton of stuff including all his paperwork from where she originally adopted him and his vet info. Has him on Comfortis for fleas. On crap food which I will wean him off of quickly. Wish it was good stuff as there is about 15lbs of it.

Haven't had a chance to weigh him yet or do much else. Ears seem to bother him - hopefully just the mats. No touching his back feetsies. Laying on the floor beside me. Neck to tail puppy trim of sorts, neck to nose - a mess.

Joe has already renamed him - ha. His name is Harley now it is Charley. Joe says Chocolate + Harley = Charley

Snapped some quick pics for you.

Attachments

• PDRM1370..jpg
    PDRM1370..jpg
    24 KB · Views: 60
  • PDRM1355..jpg
    PDRM1355..jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 66
  • PDRM1359..jpg
    PDRM1359..jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 62
Charley? I had a Charlie, which some may remember. Was my heart dog. Sigh!

I love your Charley's coloring...the light paws are sweet. Can't wait to see him fully groomed and comfortable in his new home. Congratulations to you and to him!!

Grooming the right side of his face and head will be a challenge. I don't know if it's because of the cat or his ear is that bad. I plan on working on his ears in a while (with hubby's help).

In all the crap the owner gave me I found a bottle of ear cleaner that came from her vet - the bottle is almost full. The vet label is dated 2008. Guess his ears haven't been taken care of very well. ugh!

Congrats on your new addition! Looks like a happy little fellow. Looks like he's got some nice flues growing on his face. Some cockers have them, some dont. But glad they gave you the little guy's history. Always helps. I'll bet the crap food is be partly to blame for the fleas and his bad ears too. Hope all he needs is some minor work. But a good diet is always a good start. I'd do a 50-50 mix of GOOD food and the crap he's on now for a few days... then wean him off for good. If any left, just chuck it.
15 lbs. isnt that much anyway. That's just a snack here... ;)

Aw he's a brown & tan. Hope he let's you clean those stanky ears. I just do it. Sometimes I don't give the dogs a choice.

It's getter done and that's that. 2 melatonins help calm down the skitzy ones.

That's fantastic! Charley looks like a sweetie. I'm glad everything went so well with your first solo rescue. :)

Looks like he's got some nice flues growing on his face. Some cockers have them, some dont.

What are flues? He looks like a great guy with a happy disposition. I'm sure he'd make anyone a great companion.

Charley slept in his crate last night - not a peep except woke up scratching a couple of times.

Ear cleaning didn't go bad - not great but not bad. Gotta do it again today and start him on Momentamax.

Will try to get time to go through all his paperwork - I'm hoping for no great shocks there.

Not letting me trim his face/head much. Will try some later.

Cooking puppy stew.

OH how I love the browns & tans! He's a beaut Dot. I would shave those ears first thing.. even if I had to put on a "party hat" aka muzzle LOL.. he will come around. He will do great on the puppy stew.

Geez those ears!!!

I definitely expended more calories than I have taken in today!

Both of us on the floor, me with the clippers and Joe with the treats, this is the result.

The hair pic is just the ears - the part I could get. The very bottom I can't get clippers through - nor scissors. :uhh: It's so bad I can't tell where his ear leather start/stops. But lots better. The pics of him are post clip/pre bath. He's snoring now. lol

Oh yeah, 32 lbs soaking wet.

Attachments

• PDRM1379..jpg
    PDRM1379..jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 42
  • PDRM1382..jpg
    PDRM1382..jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 42
  • PDRM1375..jpg
    PDRM1375..jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 41
Back