Greasing the Wahl moser

Owned by
2 cockers
I have ordered a couple new blades for my wahl moser clipper and I have noticed the new blades have a dab of grease on the underside of the blade. After a few times grooming the dogs the grease is used up and the blade gets that harsh sound. I use the cool lube spray but which helps with the harsh sound but what can I use to reapply that patch of grease on backside of the blade.

I would think that grease was factory packing. I'm not sure about the harsh sound. I periodically take the blades apart, clean out the hair and apply a dab of lubricating oil.

I don't add any white grease to the blades, in fact I tend to wipe that off when they first come in.

Occasionally you can dip your clipper and blade (while running) in to a jar of blade wash to clean it out -- but wipe off before going back on dog.

I use the blade wash also that Linny is talking about. I'm not handy enough like Manuel to take them apart.. and I buy new ones very often. I have tried having mine sharpened but never liked the results. And, since I do my own dogs I don't mind the added expense of replacing the blades a couple times a year. I also use kool lube. I have 3 full size clippers that I trade off using, when one warms up, I just switch. I like doing all my dogs at the same time..

Back