Groomers make house calls ¿

DAL_818

Owned by
1 cocker
Do any of you have groomers that make house calls? There are several around here that do and it is hard to make an appointment with them because they are so much in demand. They dont charge any more than the others, and they will bring the van into the drive way and groom them inside their van. And as soon as they are though the dogs are right back home.

Our groomer, also has a moble grooming unit. I have never used it but I think it is a great idea for people that are busy or cant driver.

I've seen a couple trucks around town and have been curious. It would work out great for my mom in assisted living.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

My Mother's groomer would come and get Mom's poodle, then bring him home after the grooming. That would work for your Mom also Manuel.

There's a groomer around here that grooms in the home (I don't think it's in a van or anything, it sounds like she brings the equipment into your house?). I might give her a call. It's not easy to bring three Cockers to be groomed, especially if they're anxious about it.

I've seen a couple of vans around here and one down in Tampa by the school and I know of one groomer that comes into your house. I always thought they would charge more for mobile service.

Our vet has a mobile unit. Came in real handy with the Rotties.

When I was doing the mobile, we charged extra. It didn't go over too well. No one around here wanted to pay the extra fee to come to their house. Sure we had a few regulars but not many. This town just isn't ready fir it yet. We were ahead of our time. we had to quit doing it and went our separate ways. Way too expensive to keep up with and a real pain in the winter to drain the black water and fill the water tank daily. Then to have a place nightly under cover for the van too. Lots of things to think of. Be happy you have them and tip them well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was grooming, I had a few special customers where I went to their home (packed up all my stuff) and did their dogs in their house. One was an elderly sick cocker that needed extra care and attention. Another was my friend that adopted 3 from us. Was easier than having the 3 here being all goofy with my dogs. Then I blew my knee and had to stop. Was still able to do a few clients, but slowed down Right now it's hard enough keeping up with the 9 I have here. I dont have the way cool set up like Robin, we set up the laundry room as my grooming shop. Customers could stay and hang out, or leave and go shopping. I miss it. When you find a groomer that does a good job and your dog likes them, count your blessings. Small Christmas gift is always appreciated too.

Back