groomers.

Nikkichickybaby

So we get our puppy on may2. And we will be doing all the grooming until she's had all her shots but after that how do I go about finding a good groomer since my husband wants to keep her in a longer coat I know she will need to go every 4-6 weeks.

Thank you

Ask for recommendations. Ask at your vets office, they sometimes know some good ones. If you see a well groomed dog ask where it was groomed.

If your breeder is local, ask him/her for recomendations :) I would also check with AKC or, your local spaniel club and see if any shows are scheduled in your area. Go, introduce yourself and ask for grooming recomendations.

Unfort my breeder and vet aren't local so that won't work. But I will check for shows locally. I just don't want to resort to taking her to Petsmart or petco until I find someone.

I do my own...but I would check and see if certified,how long have they been in business,references,how long does dog have to stay (some the dog has to be brought in early morning and stay till evening before you can pick up,others can drop off and go back and pick up in 2 to 3 hours). Go check out the shop and groomer and any dogs you can see that have been groomed. Good luck with you new little girl!!

Ask about show coats too because many groomers don't do them.

I do my own grooming as well. There are several shows coming up. We do have our specialty on 5/23 at fairplex in Pomona. Lots of breeders will be there. You are welcome to come. Also this weekend is the America's family pet expo at the Orange County fair grounds. We have a booth there.

Nicole. I live in Montclair and will be at the pet expo on Sunday. I didn't realize u were that local to me!! I will deff check it out

Back