grooming mistake...how to fix it??

carlyg1989

Owned by
1 cocker
I have always groomed bella myself more or less to avoid having to pay the outrageous $75 base groom plus $15 to trim up her skirt...stupid i know...well anyway, i taught myself how to groom and i'm by no means a pro but i would like to think i do an ok job...she at least looks like a cocker spaniel still...until may we had had no problems but when i was trimming her up last time she moved and i moved and cu off a bit too much and i had to...gasp...shave her down...now that that fiasco is in the past it's time to full groom her again and i am having trouble decided where her skirt and legs should be left to grow out her long hair...any advice on where to stop to let her grow out?? thanks! and hopefully this time she'll come out with a bit more hair...

Carly!
A big MCS welcome to you and to Bella. I'm Polly, and I live with hubby Michael and our 4 cockers in SO Ca. I know that in my learning to groom my own dogs, I have made many a mistake! Our group here are very helpful. Have you read thu our grooming forum here? Kelly has written several wonderful articles on Grooming. And, I'm sure she, Robin. Linny, and Gina will be more than happy to answer all your questions.

I find that the grooming videos avaliable are also a big help^_^

Welcome!

Carly
I'd be happy to show you how to groom your Bella baby if you'd have time some evening or weekend and want to make a trip to Enid. I'm a National Certified Master Groomer thru NDGAA and groom dogs for a living. Just let me know when you'd want to get together.

haha i may definately have to take you up on that! my sister in law has a cocker and she went to school to learn how to groom her so she taught me her tricks which is great! i just didn't quite know where to start this time since i did such a bang up job the first time...lol yeah right...

i agree! i'll chalk this up to the many other things that have and will spoil bella and myself! i forgot to say it up there but thank you so much for the gracious offer and as soon as i have some free time i will definately take you up on it!

No problem. I enjoy teaching :) especially to people who want to learn.
Oh, and did I mention~~~ I won't charge you anything either! ;) You can save that money to spend on Bella!

now that is the best offer i've ever heard! you are amazing! i'm sure bella will love to be my grooming dummy haha!

Back