Hello all - Shuffie here. Found this forum and wanted to pose a question.

Shuffie

Owned by
1 cocker
I have a female Cocker Spaniel ... her name is Haley. She's blonde and was born Oct. 24, 1998. I got her in 2003 after her owner stopped breeding her; and I am not sure how the dog years work, but I know my Vet said on her paperwork when she had surgery in 2008, that she was 13???? I only know that she has a growth on her neck that I am very concerned about.
I am not sure if one of her tumors has returned, or if it is ringworm or what type of infection it might be. It was just "there" - her hair covered it, but now it appears something made the hair clump out. She scratched it, so I am pretty sure it itches and made it bleed a bit, but not much. It looks like its full of pus or fluid. Any advice from anyone?

Attachments

• 104_3976.jpg
    104_3976.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 104_3974.jpg
    104_3974.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 104_3975.jpg
    104_3975.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 20
That looks like an abcess below the skin. I would get that checked out. It looks fairly large.

I too think that a vet visit is in order, since none of us here are vets, I think you should have it looked at by one to be sure of what it is. That said, it looks kinda like a sebaceous cyst that Hannah had. They can rupture on their own and go away but they can also cause a secondary infection so she may need antibiotics.

Absolutely "see a vet time." I would keep it clean with hydrogen peroxide until then.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Back