Hello from Kansas!

Meadows

Owned by
1 cocker
My name is MaKenna and I have a 1 1/2 year old Cocker (mix?) named Chisum. He doesn't look purebred to me but he came into rescue from a hoarding situation so it's possible he's just poorly bred.

He's an absolute doll to me and the four other people he knows well. He's fearful of new people and incredibly reactive (both fear reactive and easily overstimulated). We're working with a behaviorist and he's already made a lot of progress, but we've still got a ways to go!

My mom actually used to have a Cocker (she was her heart dog) and my aunt used to breed them (which is where my mother got her Cocker from). So while my family isn't new to the breed, they've never been my breed of choice but when I saw this little guy in rescue I couldn't say no. Personally, he'll probably be my first and last Cocker -- I am really enamored with rough Collies but they're not in rescue much -- but never say never, right? ;)

Anyway, it's nice to have found this little forum. I'm active on a general dog forum that's been great, but not a breed specific one.

Welcome. I'm Karen from CA where I live with my husband and two cocker spaniels, Farley and Ki. I look forward to hearing more about you and your dog, Chisum. How nice that he now has such a wonderful home.

Back