Help picking table supplies

manuel

Administrator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Last edited:
I am soooo looking forward to the answers to your question Manuel. I am looking to buy a grooming table too - and I don't know where to start. I like that table but hubby wants me to get one that is adjustable - but they cost so much!!!

As far as the loop goes - I saw one that is a double so you can loop the neck and back end so they can't sit down (I need something like that for Ellie) but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it. :(

Manuel I'm at work so I can't answer your question fully but also chech out prices on eBay they can sometimes be cheaper.

Manuel, I believe that's like the one I have.

As far as a grooming loop, some prefer the kind that is soft like a leash, some like a harder one that is wire with a rubber sort of coating. That's what I use most of the time. It just clips on to the arm at the top.

I also buy a quick release clip that goes on the grooming arm first, then you attach the noose. If dog tries to jump, it will break free so they don't hang themselves.

I went to Walmart and bought a cheap stool (metal) that sort of collapses or folds and it's the right height for me to sit down at the grooming table and groom.

If you want a double noose, they sell them too. But I just buy extras and hook that on to the arm and use the two of them together, one at neck, one at hip area, for the ones that are lazy and won't stand up.

It is soo much easier to do them at a grooming table, then laying on the floor and/or chasing them thru the house with a pair of clippers. Hehehehe :p

I see some loops are length adjustable: http://grooming.petedge.com/Speed-N...tegoryId=190&categoryId=191&subCategoryId=268
others don't seem to be: http://grooming.petedge.com/Top-Per...tegoryId=190&categoryId=191&subCategoryId=268

Should I buy an adjustable loop?

Linda, where can I find this break-away clip? I don't see it at PetEdge.

I was clipping Hoshi last night and needed a 3rd arm--1 to scissor him with, another to work the comb, and a third to hold him in place. :p I had my mom help me but she didn't understand how I wanted held. I'm hoping I can hold him better with a table and arm.

I don't use the adjustable noose, instead I just adjust the arm higher or lower if I need it.

Um, most catalogs have a quick release clip. I'll see if I can find ya one

this is a picture from Petedge.. weird, the pic is there, but can't find the darn item

Last edited:
I don't use the adjustable noose, instead I just adjust the arm higher or lower if I need it.
I guess that was too easy to think of. :redface:

Um, most catalogs have a quick release clip. I'll see if I can find ya one

this is a picture from Petedge.. weird, the pic is there, but can't find the darn item

Send me a link or page number from petedge if you can. I couldn't find it except on Amazon.

Dang!!!! You weren't kidding about the sale!!!

Please take a look at the items below and let me know what you think about my choices. I think I done good. ;)

Therapet Grooming Table w/Arm 36L X 24W
Item No: 192225 036 In Stock - Usually Ships within 24 hours 30 lbs. $69.99

Quick Release Safety Clip
Item No: 101248 In Stock - Usually Ships within 24 hours 0.2 lbs. $1.46

Custom Cable Grooming Noose 18 Inches
Item No: 192306 818 In Stock - Usually Ships within 24 hours 0.16 lbs. $2.88

Simplicity Grooming Noose Red
Item No: 192301 RED In Stock - Usually Ships within 24 hours 0.04 lbs. $2.29

Dubl Duck 7.5" Wonderedge Shear Straight
Item No: 191489 In Stock - Usually Ships within 24 hours 0.14 lbs. $45.51

Ya'll just putting to SHAME my sheet-covered dining table! :( Oh well - it works for me and I get to watch TV as I'm trimming away.

Dot, ya done good - and I was really floored at the prices. Hope they don't overprice for shipping.

Let us know how it works out

Ya'll just putting to SHAME my sheet-covered dining table! :( Oh well - it works for me and I get to watch TV as I'm trimming away.

I've been using a vintage wooden TV cabinet in the basement for years.

Dot, ya done good - and I was really floored at the prices. Hope they don't overprice for shipping.

Let us know how it works out

Thanks! The shipping wasn't bad at all AND I found the same table there with the adjustable legs for only $10 more.(and that made hubby happy) ^_^

Sharon and manuel - I've been using a card table - not the right height and it is killing my back.

How to get them to stay semi-still

Sharon,

I was wondering how you get the dog to stay still on your dinning room table? That's what I was thinking of doing!:redface:

Jenn and Peeka

Sharon,

I was wondering how you get the dog to stay still on your dinning room table? That's what I was thinking of doing!:redface:
Jenn and Peeka

Persistence? The only one I ever really had a problem with was Maxwell who wanted to run from end to end on the table in my garage. He soon learned he was gonna get a haircut no matter. I think there's arms (with nooses) you can attach to such as dining tables or card tables. It is rough on the back but the dining table in the garage has risers to bring it up to a good grooming height. I've just gotten so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore. Two of my pooches will lay on their sides and let me do my thing. Mozie I taught to do that cause he's so big and has an abundance of fur...Monte just started doing it on his own last week. I've never liked the noose thingy which is why I never looked into it. I just don't stress too much over grooming. They all get groomed once per week but if one doesn't want a groomie tonight I just move on to the next. Patience? ;)

^ Grooming would be much easier if I could teach mine to lay on their side.

I ordered a bunch of supplies last week from groomers.com. I thought the shipping was very reasonable. The total weight of my order was 41 lbs. (dryer, shampoo & conditioner and grooming arm) and they only charged $17.21 for shipping & handling. It was the least expensive shipping I found.

Back