Hoshi enjoying his nachos

Love the snood. Wonder if I could find a pattern to make Callie one.

I couldnt find the direct link to greyhound manor but I did find this. Its the pattern I've used to make a snood. I make them a bit smaller and out of cotton since I'm trying to keep ears clean rather than warm though I did make a set for my doberman to keep her ears warm back in the day.

You could also upcycle by using the leg of old sweatpants etc.

This was part of the Greyhound Manor crafts...

Ear-Warming Snood

Keep those hound's ears toasty with this quick and easy snood. Great for those especially cold days where just a coat won't cut it. Special thanks to Leslie Nicoll(lnicoll@maine.rr.com) for creating this pattern and sharing it with the world.
The snood is long enough that hounds don’t pull it out of the neck of the coat, even when fidgeting and moving.
Time
Each snood takes 5-15 minutes to make.
Materials Needed
• 20" x 30" piece of fabric (polar fleece works best, but anything thick and warm will do)
• 12" piece of elastic (anything from 1/4" to 1/2" wide)

Instructions
1. Basically, take a 20"x30" piece of fabric. Sew a seam on the 20" side so you have a tube.
2. Hem one end on the machine by turn the fabric over 1/4", then 1/4" again and sewing.
3. Turn over the other end 1/4" and sew, then turn again (this time 1/2" - 3/4") and sew to make a casing. Leave a small opening.
4. Measure a piece of elastic around the dog's face (usually about 12 inches), near the ears. Subtract 2" and cut the elastic. Be sure to measure while the elastic is in its unstretched state.
5. Thread the elastic through the casing. Adjust size on dog, sew elastic together, close up hole on casing and there you have it. You can put the snood on first, then the hound coat.

[PERMISSION TO COPY:
Feel free to print, copy and distribute these instructions as you'd like. You can print all or part of them in newsletters or whatever. You can change them as you'd like or reformat them so they're easier to reproduce. We would prefer the courtesy of a credit if you do reprint them, but it's not essential. Just hug those hounds.
Copyright 1996-2000, Greyhound Manor Crafts, Jack & Amy Corrigan, P.O. Box 206, New Berlinville, PA 19545,
(610) 367 – 9551, bark@greyhoundmanor.com (www.greyhoundmanor.com)

Dizzy if you crochet, they are very easy to make. I have made them for my boys. I measured the head size, then started a single link strand,
closed it off into a circle and went with that. I made it using a simple double crochet stitch so that it was airy.

I'm learning how to crochet. But right now, I can't. I have my left wrist in a brace.

I remember the first time I sewed a snood. Lonny gave me directions but I didn’t read closely and I sewed a narrow tube instead and then would stuff each ear into one of the open ends. I couldn’t understand why others liked them

I remember the first time I sewed a snood. Lonny gave me directions but I didn’t read closely and I sewed a narrow tube instead and then would stuff each ear into one of the open ends. I couldn’t understand why others liked them
Hahahaha!!!

I had nachos for dinner and Hoshi loves the cheese in the container. Hoshi had a bath last night and I didn't want to get his ears dirty so I put his snood on. DotInFlorida made this for him years ago.

He doesn't seem to mind the snood with the taste of nacho's still on his lips :)

Back