Housetraining Your Dog

Dizzy, generally, they say the length of the puppy plus 6in. in length. Try to find a couple on craigslist. So you can get a very small one, a small and a medium w/o spending a bunch of $$. When you get it home, bleach it and let it dry in the sun then bleach a 2nd time and rinse well. Should be all set when baby comes home.

Fi works the bell knowing what the result will be....outside to see what is going on!! She bright and seems to be a whiz at figuring out if I do such-and-such....then the result will be something I want or don't want and then she acts on that plan. I am grateful that she doesn't have opposable thumbs!! Way back when we were potty training, we were careful to keep her meals at certain hours and at certain amounts. By maintaining this schedule, we could kind of keep track of when she would need to go. The Giardia thing was a setback but if you keep it up, I am sure that it will work out.

Dizzy, generally, they say the length of the puppy plus 6in. in length. Try to find a couple on craigslist. So you can get a very small one, a small and a medium w/o spending a bunch of $$. When you get it home, bleach it and let it dry in the sun then bleach a 2nd time and rinse well. Should be all set when baby home.
That's almost exactly the same thing we did for Fi except we used a cat carrier when we first got her because she was so small. We got a used one and washed it in a dilute bleach solution and set it outside in the sun, too.

If I can find, it, I think I have one from when I had a cat, I'm just not sure how big it is.

Getting back to housetraining, has anyone ever potty trained their dog? I know people do it, and I was wondering if anyone here had ever tried.

I mean trained it to use the toilet. I was watching Shark Tank the other day, and someone came on w/something for training your cat to use the toilet, so I started to wonder if you could train your dog to use it. I googled it, and there are people who have done it. I couldn't help but wonder how hard it would be and think about times when I either wouldn't be able to take a dog out due to vertigo, or when the weather was really bad, like from a hurricane or blizzard and I wouldn't want to take the dog out!

I mean trained it to use the toilet. I was watching Shark Tank the other day, and someone came on w/something for training your cat to use the toilet, so I started to wonder if you could train your dog to use it. I googled it, and there are people who have done it. I couldn't help but wonder how hard it would be and think about times when I either wouldn't be able to take a dog out due to vertigo, or when the weather was really bad, like from a hurricane or blizzard and I wouldn't want to take the dog out!
Dizzy it would probably be easier to train the puppy to use a litter box or pee pads.

Back