Introducing Tessie-pic heavy!

TessieLove

Owned by
1 cocker
Meet Tessie. I had the good fortune to have her come into my life 2 years ago this December. My fiance and I were at the animal shelter looking for a cat...........................

Then he saw Tessie. He pointed her out to me and I noticed she was coughing. Not just a usual kennel cough type of thing. This cough was deep in her chest and I could hear wheezing. I notified the shelter and they informed me that they "hoped it wasn't anything more serious then kennel cough or she'd probably be put down." She came home with me that night.

She was filthy, having been surrendered by a greeder that had kept her confined to a kennel almost her entire life. She was forced to lie in her own filth and it took 5 baths to get her completely clean. The first 2 baths we gave her the water ran almost black.

The next day she was taken to the vet and had double pneumonia that was severe enough to require hospitalization. Since then she has recovered and become the light of my life.

Here are some pics... enjoy <3

tessie4.jpg

tessie3.jpg

Tessie2.jpg

One of her with our doberkid
whiskey10.jpg

Welcome! Thanks for sharing Tessie past. I'm so glad she came home with you. She's very pretty. What's with the dobie's hat :p

OMG! Your Tessie is just about the spitting image of my Casper! My daughter and I got Casper from our local humane society when we were looking for a cat for my daughter! We also got a great cat named Louis as well. When I have figured out how to use the webcam on this computer, (LOL!) I will post some pictures of Casper so you can see just how much he and Tessie look alike.

I am wishing you, Tessie, and the rest of your family all the best.

Deb

what pretty babies ....is the hat for traning his ears,,after being cropped? And welcome to the forum.

Oh, she is adorable! I love all cockers, but I am partial to black ones, so a huge smile came on my face when I saw her picture. You did such a great thing adopting her. You not only saved her life, you stopped her suffering. You have just been added to my "hero list." :dance:

She is gorgeous and thank you for taking her home, I hate some people for the way they treat these special creatures. Glad she now has the life she deserves.

I do believe the "hat" is because of the ear cropping. We puppy sat a dobie once and he had that.

Thank goodness Tessie found you guys! She's a lovely little girl. Please post more pics when you get the chance.

Oh.. yes the cone is for keeping the ears up and out of range of the back feet after the crop. I posted this in a reply but it looks like not all my posts are getting through lol

Oh.. yes the cone is for keeping the ears up and out of range of the back feet after the crop. I posted this in a reply but it looks like not all my posts are getting through lol
I don't remember approving a reply about that. Sorry, that must have not gone through.

I don't remember approving a reply about that. Sorry, that must have not gone through.

I meant that I didn't think everything I was posting was being recognized that's why I pmed you :) Not that you didn't approve it. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Oh how could such a beautiful girl be taken to the shelter! I'm so glad you found her and saved her. She reminds me of my Kaylee. Welcome to the forum!

Back