Joy

Fostermom

Owned by
Over 10 cockers
last night I gave her a tubby. Sigh, she doesn't stand very well now. :(

her fur is coming out in clumps, and tonight I groomed her way down. Geez.. I found more lumps and bumps and 'things'. Poor darlin. She wanted to lay down most of the time on the table, she shakes.

She has so much dander it's unbelievable. I give her all sorts of extra fatty acids and olive oil, etc, but have to be cafeful because of her colitis. Too much and it's bloody splats. :'(

Beany will be here 11 years on July 4th.. and she was about 5 when we adopted her. I'm still so surprised she's still doing OK. Ya just never know. She sleeps so hard, I have to tap on her to wake her. If she doesn't want to get up, Nemo goes over and yells at her or digs on her back to get her up. THAT pisses her off, and she rolls his little white hiney.

She's still eating - even though her teeth are mostly gone, she has no problems. I need to order more Kick-a-poo Joy Juice for her cushings. I'm still afraid to buy the special '2 pack' deal.

She's mommies little beany baby :wub:

(((Linny))) Your little Beany Baby knows she is loved. Besides she can still roll Nemo and that has to give her lots of joy and add purpose to her life. :)

I hope your Beany's skin gets better (Beany right?). :luv: My Gabby is suffering skin problems too. He's finished his antibiotics but still has a few patches of dry skin where the hair comes out in tufts. I wonder if he's not having allergies to my mom's cats (now living with us for 6mos). Gabby is hard to wake up to. He aways startles if you wake him. He really snores loud too.

her hair and skin is from being old and having Cushings. Her real name is Butternut's Almond Joy, but we call her Beany. She's the queen bean

(((Linda)))

Joy, the queen bean, is loved much and loves much. There is nothing wrong with putting those youngsters in their place. Keeps them on their toes.

Is there anything topical you can use on her skin?

well, sometimes I use Emu oil on her. HAHAHA, but the other dogs like it and want to lick it off of her. It's an oil from a bird, it's one of those homeopathic things I like.

I'm ready to dip her in crisco

Aww Linny
The little chocolate drop. The missy that is pressy... I just hate to see them age. It's so hard to watch. {{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}
Joy was the reason Linny got into rescue.. she had this photo on the website a long time.. here is my version

pollyjoy.jpg

Then later when Linny got the Chip boy I did this one for her..
chipnbean.jpg

I called this one Chip n Bean​

POLLY,

that one of Joy was one of your first portraits. I think it's your best, hehehehe

but WAIT, I don't remember that one of chip and bean.. I have them all hung up in the family room. Duh, I'll have to go looket

POLLY,

that one of Joy was one of your first portraits. I think it's your best, hehehehe

but WAIT, I don't remember that one of chip and bean.. I have them all hung up in the family room. Duh, I'll have to go looket

Hahaha Linny! Maybe I better send you some Ginko (hehe)
Yes the portrait of Beanie was one of the first I did..

The hardest thing in the world is watching them age . . . because there is absolutely NOTHING we can do to stop it or slow it down.

Joy has certainly surprised a lot of people by doing as well as she is. I hope you have more time with her Linny!

I was thinking about Joy just a few weeks ago. For some reason she just popped into my head! I think about her as your model for some of your creations that you've made! What a beautiful girl you have!

HI! Linny reminded me of this board....(I need that Ginko>) So here I am. I remember the pic Polly did of Joy, but not the one of Chip and Joy. Gorgeous! Bring back memories of them as young'uns.

Judy

Hey Judy,

there you are!!!!

This is Judy (paulpgd) from AOL cocker board. She adopted Frankie from us.

Has visited here several times:p

HI! Linny reminded me of this board....(I need that Ginko>) So here I am. I remember the pic Polly did of Joy, but not the one of Chip and Joy. Gorgeous! Bring back memories of them as young'uns.

Judy

Welcome Judy. How did you pick your username? I'm glad Linda reminded you of us. I've never had the opportunity to chat with you and would love to hear more about Frankie. Of course, I'm Manuel. Gabby is my 14 yr old. Gabby is passionate about garbage. Garbage day is his favorite day. He makes his rounds looking for any tidbits the raccoons or possums left when ripping though our neighborhood's garbage.

Judy!
Welcome to the bestest home on the net for us cocker people! It's just the right size group, and everyone is wonderful.

We are the old AOL and the old MSN boards. Many of us were members of both. Manuel made this wonderful home for us and we just love it!

How is Paul, and Frankie!!! We need pictures! Also most of my cocker portraits are here in the gallery :)

I have started to paint again. You can read the reason why in my blog or introductions and also in the memorial pages!

Judy we missed you!! Now when Mark starts to post again we will be complete!

Welcome Judy. How did you pick your username? I'm glad Linda reminded you of us. I've never had the opportunity to chat with you and would love to hear more about Frankie. Of course, I'm Manuel. Gabby is my 14 yr old. Gabby is passionate about garbage. Garbage day is his favorite day. He makes his rounds looking for any tidbits the raccoons or possums left when ripping though our neighborhood's garbage.

Hi Manuel (and everyone else here). Nice to talk to you. I remember Polly mentioning you.

"Inu" means dog in Japanese. DH Paul and I love things Japanese, and when I was practicing my Japanese vocabulary one day, I said the word INU out loud and Frankie jumped up and looked at me! He must have been Japanese in another dog-life! (BTW, I don't really speak Japanese, just learned a few phrases. Paul does, though, enough to get into trouble, he says.)

Frankie doesn't get into garbage, but any food anywhere is fair game, so its good we have a garbage disposal in the sink! He's a cocker spaniel, and they are as food obsessed as beagles are!

Judy

The comment about beagles didn't need to be there. I have a lot of beagle-mom friends and they complain all the time about how they steal food. Well, so do cockers! For a senior minute, I forgot there are only cocker people here.

I will undoubtedly have a lot of senior minutes, so I apologize for them all beforehand!!!

Judy

Back