Just wants to play

Murphy

Our Cocker is 24 weeks old now and behaves brilliantly on his walks- goes off lead so he can run off some energy and always comes back when called or whistled that is until he sees another dog, then everything goes out the window, he will not come back no matter what you do, call, whistle, offer treats, nothing. He just wants to play with the other dog, even if they dont, a couple of dogs have quite rightly given him a warning bark or shown their teeth, but he isnt bothered.

Anyone else had this, is it something he will grow out of ?, he hasn't had the snip yet, so not sure if he will calm down a bit after ?

Many thanks

Steve

I see that quite a lot mostly with dogs in my neighborhood. They behave well until they see Hoshi. They do dangerous things like run across the street to meet Hoshi. I think the "stay" command will help.

Welcome! I agree with Manuel, training always helps. There is also a great app called Puppr. I've used it with great results on my boy.

If this is in the US it can be an issue because most areas have leash laws. Also, as you’ve learned not all dogs, especially dogs on leashes, like an unleashed dog running up to them. You’ll want to get some training for your dog before it runs up to a dog aggressive dog and becomes injured.

Back