Kumpi Dog Food

Roo729

I love my spaniel
Owned by
1 cocker
Has anyone else heard of Kumpi? The trainer I've been taking Burkely to swears by it, but I'm not one to jump on the band wagon and I like to get alot of information before I do something. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, first for me, i never heard of that one and doggy nutrition is one of my special research subjects.

Google it. I just took a glance; it is a holistic dog food. Didn't have time to read more about it, but there is info out there.

The name of the food reminds me of a party we attended many years ago.

Host was serving warm / hot saki and afterwards you were supposed to yell,

KOM-PIE heheehe

Thanks

How Funny fostermom. Thank you to all that responded. I am going to look it up on google and do some research.

Just my 2 cents

It's the first time I've heard of it too. Their comparison of dog food brands is confusing. Kumpi uses mostly "meat meal" for meat and plays up this fact. The quality of meat meal isn't as good as plain beef, chicken, ect. once you realize what goes into it. :x For example, a dog food listing "beef" is better than one with "beef meal."

Kumpi.com said:
Simply listing the word "chicken" or "lamb" indicates an ingredient that is high in water, diluting its protein and nutrient content. The word "meal" seen behind a meat source indicates it is a dry form ingredient which provides denser protein and nutrient levels.

Kumpi makes chicken meal sound better than chicken. That's just not true.

Last edited:
Confusing is right

I agree. It was very confusing and Burkely's vet told me not to get food that was mainly "meat meal", but to get one that uses real meat.

well, meat meal is ? mystery meat

But chicken meal is just that, but with the liquid contents removed... higher concentration of chicken,

we prefer the meal

Back