Leg Grooming Issues

GizmosMom

Owned by
1 cocker
So it has been a while since I have posted anything on the site. I figured this was a good comeback post. I take Gizmo to Petsmart to get groomed. Whenever I pick him up and get his report card everything is good except leg grooming. He does not like getting his legs groomed, he gets fussy. It used to be just his front legs, however when I picked him up today she said he was like that with all 4, and she got someone to help her so she could do them. IDK why he is like this. Ive never seen any marks or scratched that make me think he has been hurt before, he lets me pet and rub his legs, etc. I have no clue why he is like this.

Are any of your cockers like this? or do you have any idea why he might be doing this?

-tiffany

It's probably dogs in general. Dogs have a lot of nerve endings in their feet and face so it's natural for them to be fussy about them. Gabby hated having his feet groomed. Hoshi's not fond of it either. All it takes is one bad experience to leave a lasting impression. Gizmo just needs a little more TLC when it comes to his feet. His groomer will just have to be patient.

I know Gabby had some bad experiences with groomers (coming back bleeding etc.) Hoshi is fortunate that only me and Gina have groomed him. I'm patient with him (I get tired too :)). If I don't finish that day, I'll do it the next.

Nice to hear from you again.

If a dog isn't groomed often, they never really get used to having their feet handled. That means it's always a sensitive area to get groomed. Even my dogs, who are groomed regularly, are more touchy with their feet.

Back