Lost Tooth

Cheryl

Owned by
2 cockers
I notice just the other day that Daffney lost one of her front teeth - I check the others and seem to be alright - she will be 9 in July and has her teeth check and cleaned once a year. My poor baby looks a little funny with one missing front tooth.

Could be worse Cheryl . . . Farley's canines are cracked. It looks like he got into a good fist fight with somebody!!!!

I hope she's feeling ok. Keep an eye on it and make sure there is no redness or swelling. Watch how she eats to see if that area is bothering her.

Fostermom said:
She isn't a rock chewer is she?
Last year, Gabby picked up what I thought was a bone and was chewing on it. I was horrified when I realized he was chewing on a lava rock. He broke it into pieces so hopefully it soft enough that didn't hurt his teeth. I'm thinking it was used in a BBQ grill and had grease on it--that's all I can imagine for him to be chewing on it.

Cheryl
Like Manuel said, I would just keep an eye on it. What if it broke above the gum line, then the rest would need to be pulled. Pak lost one of his front teeth also.. but it sure didn't stop ol Pak!

OH Daffney....hope that she is not in any pain and that it is indeed completely gone.

I too, would keep an eye on it, just in case.

When the girls were babies they lost more than one baby tooth chewing on those braided rope toys. And my old Phreddie girl knocked one of her front teeth out when she ran into the closed sliding glass door with a bone in her mouth.

I notice just the other day that Daffney lost one of her front teeth - I check the others and seem to be alright - she will be 9 in July and has her teeth check and cleaned once a year. My poor baby looks a little funny with one missing front tooth.
Daffney is almost 9! I remember her (and her sister...name?? Sorry, I'm getting old, not Daffney!..) from about 5 years ago when I first got on the AOL cocker board. Other than the lost tooth, how are they doing?

Judy

Yes, dear Annie! Daffney I always remember because of the spelling of her name. Now I feel good....Daffney and Annie. I did remember they were from San Antonio, a favorite city of mine....ahh, that riverwalk!

Judy

Sorry to hear about Daffney's tooth. I hope it doesn't bother her eating.

She has no redness or has any problems getting at all.

Great news Cheryl. My Pak lost one of his front teeth close to the end of his life. When he smiled he looked like Alfred E Newman! :naughty:

Back