Lucky's improvement since rescue

MellyMelandLucky

Lucky has made so much improvement since I first got him.
He sleeps soundly without constantly crying in his sleep and can be left alone for a bit without freaking out entirely, though, only in his 'house'.

He's come to recognize his 'house' as his personal space, which it is. (He has to go in there when we leave. Otherwise he gets into garbage. But it has pillows, his bed, his favorite toy, his bone, crocheted blankies, and is fairly roomy. )

He's getting better on the tie-out leash, and has almost gotten to where he won't bolt or get into the garden even if he isn't tied. We can go play ball in the back yard without worrying about it. (He loves his ball, by the way!)

He's still having trouble with his harness when we go out and trouble with chewing on his walk-leash. We can't get a cloth leash or he'll chew through it.

He's getting more used to regular baths and knows when it's time for one, and he LOVES the brush! (I think he's nuts!) After I finish, he comes back for more! And my god, is he gorgeous after brushing.

He's learned a few tricks and his smarts show even though he's a major jughead. He's not dumb. But he acts dumb.

If you ask him 'what's up, Lucky?' He'll respond and hold a whole conversation with you! (He IS a very vocal dog! He uses his paws all the time, too.)

He'll howl on cue, sit, lay down, come, dance, and he's working on saying 'mama' and playing dead. Bear has been a huge example for him. (Especially when saying, 'mama', because guess who he tells on him to!)
He also let's us know when he needs outside.

That sounds like simple stuff, but considering I got him at eight years old, with zero training, it's huge leaps. Let it be known, an old dog CAN learn new tricks!

He's learned to play, and to love! He gets crafty with tug o' war, and has been giving the sweetest, most dainty little kisses!

Vet says he's healthy and made of muscles, like Bear (probably thanks to the playtime with that strong little bugger!) And that he's improved healthwise.

Back