Making the perfect back!

Eminelle

Owned by
1 cocker
Hi! I have 5 months old american spaniel, Pepi, and I´m starting to get a little desperate with her back hair! They are everywhere, thinning scissors wont do the work for this curly hair. I heard that some do it with trimming knife, but how thick is the best? Also, if someone has the right area, where from start the head or neck to this almost hairles operation :)

There is so much hair in the back and it some places is curly and some places is going straight up! :D Sorry that the picture isnt the best, hope it gets some point about our bromlem?

PC090058.jpg

Pepi is so cute. He looks perfect to me. If you'd like a neater appearance the easiest thing to do is shave the back. You can also strip the back with a special grooming tool. These thin out the coat to give in a neater appearance. This video shows how it is done.

[video=youtube;IOxECH9Q-Ak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOxECH9Q-Ak[/video]

I'm with Manuel, Pepi is darling. Love that face!!! Funny you should bring this topic up... I'm currently growing my 3 boys backs out a little. I have always kept their backs shaved and put coats on them in the winter. My oldest boy, Pepper has a skin conidition. I am doing my best to try to keep him off antiboitcs, and I noticed that the coat seems to aggrivate his condition.. hence growing out their backs. Even tho I live in SO CA, I live high in the mountains, today won't get higher than in the mid 40s.. and nights are in the 20s.. I would usually use a 7 or 5 "F" (finish) blade to shave the back, now I'm using a stipping knife to blend in the fuzzy back hair. You can also use thinning shears to blend...

Here is a picture of Thor just after Robin groomed him. I keep this on my desktop, I am aiming for this look myself.
thor.jpg

Oh, super much thank you for your answers! :) Saturday I´m heading to pet store and i bought some stripping knife and atack to the hair!
Yesterday i start the work, i shave the hair with long blades and cut it with thinning scissors. It´s now little bit better, but there is still work to be done! :)

Pepi is my training area for grooming, because she isnt show quality ( tooths arent right, they go together on the front, not nice! ) but if my plans go as i hope, perhaps I after a year have another one, buff girl for shows :)

Back