rescue Merlin Pup-date

sab3mmom

Owned by
2 cockers
Just wanted to let everyone know he's coming right along. Almost 3 months here now and he's calming down on his aggression issues. He is the only one who has to ask permission to get on my bed but he sits very nicely at the side of the bed now waiting for me to tell him it's ok. He will not get on the bed in the go-to-work mornings anymore until I make it up and invite him. He does not eat until he sits/stays for me for at least one minute which means he doesn't scarf his food so fast nor beg me unmercifully. He has quit his earsplitting barking in the morning on the 4 a.m. first call and now knows go pee/poo command. He's still verrry needy and verrrry skittish but he is learning to trust me. He doesn't seem to need to be alpha anymore. No more fights. I still get growls from him when I shift his position on the couch or the bed but I'm using the Coco gentle finger on his muzzle tactic and it's working for him too. All in all, think he's gonna be fine! Now I need to get some weight on him. I hate the knobblies! According to my scale he's only 17 lbs. Too dang thin! Verrry small-boned pooch but his hips are showing and I don't like that at all.

It sounds like you've done SUPER well with him Sharon! Keep it up with the training and rules, he will forget that he wass ever a cranky dude :)

That's great that he's coming around. Have you had his thyroid checked?

Not yet but trust me when I say it's uppermost on my mind. He's very hyper and a nervous little dog but I'm watching his weight closely. I am feeding him more and monitoring right now. Since he is starting to calm down some I may be overstating the problem but I just don't like where he's at right now. I just don't care for knobblies at all. His coat's great but his knobblies are little scary to me.

He's really improved from your first post. :thumbsup: I'm glad to hear it.

Good to hear Sharon!

Merlin does look a little thin in the pic you took but I also remember when I saw him at PetSmart - he is kinda small boned but adorable just the same.

We have managed to get Ellie up to 22.5 lbs and that seems where she is holding for now. I do have to say I am proud of the two pounds we put on her!

Sharon
Congratulations! Merlin looks so wonderful. You are really creating a miracle in Merlin!

Back