rescue My Rescue website

Looks great Robin, and, it's fairly easy loading for us dial ups.

I'm working on it this weekend and would like you all to take a peek and tell me what you think thus far. I still have yet to put the dogs on, but hope to get them on there tomorrow. If any of you have any suggestions, please LMK. Thanks!
http://www.oklahomacockerrescue.com/default.html

Looks good!!
icon7.png

Your Website

Nice site.

What might be better, but just my opinion, is an About Us page.

People like to know who you are.

On our site we have an About Us page. We didn't include pictures of us, for security reasons, but just a little story about our involvement with Cocker spaniels and dogs in general.

Maybe a site to download an adoption application, a mission statement and maybe your adoption criteria.

Just a few suggestions. I think your current home page would make a better "about" page. I think the available dogs should be front and center or at least some pics of them on the home page. I like your sale page the best. It's a nice layout with easy to see pics and descriptions.

I am still working on a adding Wordpress to my site. I've just learned how to skin Wordpress to match my Dreamweaver templates. :cheer: I'm going to test it out and show you when I get a chance. The thing I like about Wordpress is that it's so easy to update--sort of like posting on the forum or facebook.

I don't know if I have ever shared our big site with all of you. It was designed by my son Paul, it's in php with a blog front and center. I can either enter verbiage there, or also photos. When Michael goes to a con, I will enter pictures from the con there. It's very fast loading (I think) LOL since I'm on dial up. My son designed it so that it's very easy for me to add artwork to and also move the artwork around. It has so much on it.

He designed it with a very simple menu format, that is changeable. I could change it all around if Michael decided to go back into the animation industry.

it's: BennettBlackLight.com

My art site I just thru together using DreamWeaver. I think my son designed Michael's site using Adobe Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing Polly. Looks like your son used Adobe along with a blog software. That's what I like about Wordpress. It's easily updated without making a webpage from scratch. It will even take your pictures and make a simple picture gallery.

It is very simple and easy to read. I like it a lot. I like the idea of About us, that will help people learn who you are and what you do. Maybe do like Our Goal page or something.

Like Our Goal for 2011 is to find homes for so and so many dogs, raise so and so amount or items etc.

When it is fully done and completed can I add your link to my site?

Thanks for sharing Polly. Looks like your son used Adobe along with a blog software. That's what I like about Wordpress. It's easily updated without making a webpage from scratch. It will even take your pictures and make a simple picture gallery.
Yes, excactly Manuel.. I use an ftp program and just load the artwork all at once there. Michael is very prolific and when he isn't writing his comic book stories, he can do 17 pieces in one week!

Yes, excactly Manuel.. I use an ftp program and just load the artwork all at once there. Michael is very prolific and when he isn't writing his comic book stories, he can do 17 pieces in one week!

Wow! Seventeen pieces. Michael is very, VERY prolific. VERY, very talented, too!

Karen thank you! ^_^

Manuel, I was just thinking.. Robin could add a direct link to her Petfinder pages like you have on the index page of MCS.. couldn't she?

I think the site looks, good and I like some of the ideas given to add to it. Great job !

With the number of dogs that Robin takes in and re-homes, I think a link to her Petfinder page, or having the Petfinder dogs embedded on her site would be best. I think Petfinder is easier to update than a website, and it would look nice.

I think the site looks GREAT Robin, you've done a wonderful job with it!

With the number of dogs that Robin takes in and re-homes, I think a link to her Petfinder page, or having the Petfinder dogs embedded on her site would be best. I think Petfinder is easier to update than a website, and it would look nice.

That's a good idea. I think that's what she has right now--and embedded petfinder page. That's possible too with wordpress.

That's exactly what I was thinking.. just like Manuel has.. the dogs would show up right on her index page.. be accessable right away to prospective interested people.

I like your site Robin. It is easy to navigate and has a lot of info. The suggestions sound really good; I'm not sure I understand everything they are saying! lol......Anything that gets the info out to prospective forever homes and helps the cause would be an asset. Keep up the good work......I like the colors you are using also. Joyce

Back