Mystery Mix

LoveMyFurries

Recently our family grew with another furry baby, Phoebe. We took her in on a rescue situation and we're told she was a miniature border collie. After doing some research I found out that there aren't miniatures. But that Borders will be breed with a smaller dog to create a smaller version and of course there is the occasion oops.. :) I've been doing a lot of research to see if i could figure it out. From everything I've looked for different dog traits and characteristic from tails to ears to her fiddle feet. I think my little girl could be mixed with a kind of spaniel or i suppose peke. There are only so many breeds with the feathered feet and fiddle feet.. She's over a year old. 29 pounds. Phoebe is approx 16 inches from the ground to her withers and 19 from rump to her neck. .Hard to get alot of measurements with all her wiggling around She is very bright. You can just see the wheels turning in that cute little head of hers. Oh and she does love to have her nose into everything, she also likes to perch especially on the back of the couch... and besides running around the house, she jumps across the from one piece of furniture to another.. P1030098a.jpg P1030100a.jpg P1030101a.jpg 0126171334.jpg 0126171336.jpg
I'm open to everyone's thoughts on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your dog could have some Spaniel but I thought fiddle foot was much more common in bassets and dachshunds.

Welcome. I'm guessing now, maybe a cocker and terrier. I say terrier because of her rounded head. She has pretty toes. :heart: I've never heard of fiddle foot.

Your dog could have some Spaniel but I thought fiddle foot was much more common in bassets and dachshunds.

been researching about fiddle feet. just not getting alot of information. Found it is common in bassets, cardigan corgi, pekes... not sure about much else as when i google i keep getting more about the medical condition then common fiddle feet breeds.

Welcome. I'm guessing now, maybe a cocker and terrier. I say terrier because of her rounded head. She has pretty toes. :heart: I've never heard of fiddle foot.

I wasn't aware of fiddle feet before either. :) in the one picture you can really see it... but it's where the feet are turned outwards .. didn't think about terrier

I wasn't aware of fiddle feet before either. :) in the one picture you can really see it... but it's where the feet are turned outwards .. didn't think about terrier
Thanks for the explanation. Hoshi might have that too.

Took Phoebe to the vet. The vet was thinking she is mixed with a cavie or possibly a small cocker. But she's leaning towards the cavie. No guarantees though. I started looking at pictures/descriptions and I can see why she is of that opinion.

Back