Nail care

DAL_818

Owned by
1 cocker
You can hear my Moose walking in the house with his nails on the wood and title floors but the nails are not too long. I have always heard that if you can hear them walking the nails are too long but that is just not true. Anyone else hear that?

I think there may be something to that. I could hear my cockers' nails clicking on the floor when they are long. I don't think I notice it when they are short.

Does anyone try to put clear nail polish on the nails to make them stronger? Or is that even true?

I absolutely hate doing nails. I can do Stormy and Peppers, but I have to take Pogo into the vets. I just "tip" them.
I have never put polish on any of my dogs. They all have very strong nails and hair because they take fish oil.

I have never heard of putting clear nail polish on the dogs' nails to make them stronger. I don't think it would really do a lot - their nails are pretty strong, for the most part. Especially if they're fed a good diet.

I do nails (with the dremel) at least every two weeks. I can still hear clicking on the floor (we have laminate) but not as much once I trim them. I don't like the nails to get too long, as it can damage the dog's foot.

To hear nails ticking on floor is a normal thing..even though you cut them they grow very fast and it is not at all good to put on nail polish on them..

Back