Need Some Hugs for Precious

Oh, Roy. it is going to be a long few days. I certainly am hoping it is going to be okay. We are crossing all available fingers, toes, and paws.

Well, just got off the phone with the vet, she confirmed lymphoma. Given her age and other medical issues we don't plan to aggressively treat (radi/chemo) but are evaluating our options. For now she suggests staying on the Rimadyl, and adding Ultram when she starts showing signs of pain. I mentioned the elevated ALT but she said at 162, she's not that concerned and thinks keeping her comfortable is more of a prioritiy at this point.

Thank everyone for the well wishes.

Attachments

• Precious_Jan2008.jpg
    Precious_Jan2008.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 39
awww, I'm so sorry to hear this

I agree, no heroics at this age, just keep her comfy and pain free.

Hugs

Hugs to Precious from me and the boys. We will keep her and your family in our thoughts. Hope she is kept comfy and spoiled.

I am sorry to hear about Precious. Sending you and her big hugs and prayers.

Roy~ I am so sorry to hear this news about Precious...

She looks like such a sweet girl in her picture.

Roy, what a crappy diagnosis :( I wish it were better news.

Hugs to you and Precious . . . just enjoy the time you have with her, and make it extra special. When my old guy was diagnosed with cancer (he died a month later), I fed him lobster and chocolate and all the things he wasn't supposed to have. I spent extra time with him, and let him do whatever he wanted (within reason, of course). No getting mad, no corrections . . . just fun. I'm glad I made that month good . . . it left me with excellent memories.

I took lots of pictures and wrote in my blog to make sure I didn't feel like I was forgetting or missing anything.

So very sorry to hear this about Precious. I'm with Kelly - break out all the foods they're not supposed to eat and enjoy!

Back