New to MCS!

njonblue

Owned by
1 cocker
Hey everyone. My name is Nick and I am new to MCS. I have just recently purchased my 3rd American Cocker Spaniel. They have always been my favorite breed of dog, and I have loved every one of them. Currently, I have Blue. He has got to be the definition of Man's Best Friend. He is just 13 weeks old, and is a Blue Merle with two blue eyes. He loves to fetch and retrieve, and also takes to water very well. He also enjoys playing with my Dad and his wife's poodle.

I have owned two previous Cockers. My first was named Ginger. Ginger was a female Particolor (white and... ginger). Unfortunately she was hit by a car when I was young, and it was pretty sad. I loved to play with her and she was one of my childhood friends I will never forget. I then was given Zoey. She was just about the cutest dog I had ever seen. She loved to run! She unfortunately had to be re-homed due to moving (We moved to a town with a lot of chickens, and she had a reputation for birds). She is alive and well, living with an elderly couple and their other Cocker.

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to everyone. There are not any Cocker clubs around here in Utah, and I don't know anyone here who trains them for birds, as I am doing. Wish me luck, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0043136.jpg
Blue at 11 Weeks

Hello and welcome. Please be patient the first few days of posting as you'll be moderated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a cute pup! Dogs shouldn't be a problem on a farm. We had three dogs on our farm along with farm animals. The dogs were kept fenced in the yard.

Hi Nick! Welcome to you and Blue. What a beautiful pup he is. I'm Polly and I live in So CA with hubby Michael and our 3 cockers. We have Pepper, a 12(ish) year old rescue, Pogo who is buff and about 7 years old, also a rescue, and Stormy a beautify 8 year old brown retired show boy who my dear friend Robin (above) sent me. Welcome!

Hi Nick and welcome. What part of Utah are you in. There are no longer any Cocker Clubs but there are some dog clubs and they would be able to tell you if there are any trainers, etc in your area.

I am in Utah and I have two Cockers, but they are retired show dogs. I may be able to direct you to someone in your area, or maybe not :)

Where did you get your cute little pup ?

Hi Nick and welcome. What part of Utah are you in. There are no longer any Cocker Clubs but there are some dog clubs and they would be able to tell you if there are any trainers, etc in your area.

I am in Utah and I have two Cockers, but they are retired show dogs. I may be able to direct you to someone in your area, or maybe not :)

Where did you get your cute little pup ?

I live in Koosharem, which is by Fishlake, somewhat south towards Cedar City. I also visit Gunnison every couple of weeks to see family, and that is where I got Blue. I found his breeder there, and I was actually supposed to be looking at a different puppy, but I saw Blue and found my pup. If you know any clubs or anything, be sure to let me know!!!

I live in Koosharem, which is by Fishlake, somewhat south towards Cedar City. I also visit Gunnison every couple of weeks to see family, and that is where I got Blue. I found his breeder there, and I was actually supposed to be looking at a different puppy, but I saw Blue and found my pup. If you know any clubs or anything, be sure to let me know!!!

I know right where you are, should be plenty of hunting :)

Ok here are a couple of links, I don't know if they are still active clubs or anything about them, but it is a start and maybe they can get you going in the right direction. I found them on the net so I know nothing about them.

The last entry was for last summer but it lists two club officers in Southern Ut. Do a search for Utah Bird Dog Club, there is the phone numbers for someone in St George, Beaver, I can't list the phone numbers on an open forum. If you have any trouble I can get you other links and they may know. Good luck. I know there are all breed clubs in Southern Ut and I can get the numbers, I was just trying to find hunting clubs.

Back