Northern Alberta Sunset

KLADCkrs

Owned by
3 cockers
I took this picture last night while the sun was setting, because the colours were just too pretty NOT to capture. Notice the mounds of snow all over too!

Last edited:
Oh Kelly
How beautiful! It looks like a Christmas card!

Nope, we haven't had a lot of snow fall at any one time, so I haven't had to get up on the roof to shovel.

That's a beautiful sky. I'm sort of surprised by the ranch houses. We live in a ranch too but the houses up North (ie. Mackinac Island) have high pitch roofs. I imagine due to the amount of snow fall.

Its truely amazing all the colors you can see in a sun set. Absolutely beautiful. Reminds me of the sunsets in East Tawas, MI when I was a kid... Peggy & Bubby

I think a higher pitch for the roofs would be smart up here Manuel, given the amount of snow that we usually get. I think so far our annual snowfall is lower than normal, because our temperatures have been so cold. It's just over the past couple of weeks that we've finally hit seasonal temps instead of sub-zero stuff.

A lot of people here have to get up and shovel the roofs when we get tons of snow. It definitely poses a safety risk, because it gets heavy and falls off the eaves, and can seriously injure people.

A lot of us who live in areas that have no or very little snow can't really imagine the dangerous risks involved in it. I had my eyes opened just a little bit this year with the little snow we had here.

Back