Now Asha is puking

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
I've cleaned up over half a dozen spots here at work and it's mostly brown with some foam and watery with the exception of twice which was last nights supper. My vet is closed for a funeral today. Help?!?

Oh no Robin
I bet it's the antibotics. Poor baby. Is she still in as much pain?
See if there is a vet on stand by that you can take her too..

Is there another vet? If not, keep her as hydrated as possible and withhold all food. She *could* have a blockage . . . that would cause her to throw up last night's supper this late in the day. Don't let her play or run around, try to keep her quiet.

Personally, I'd try to at least give sub-q fluids if you have the saline water and needles . . . it's not tough and it might help her feel better.

K will do only have one more dog today then will take her home to keep more quiet. The shot must be wearing off too as she's staying in the bed I brought for her yesterday. Thnx Kelly and Polly!

Text my phone later Robin and let me know how she is, I'll be at the movies with my Son and Candy, they drove in from PX today.

Until you see your vet my best advice would be try giving her Pepcid so her stomach is calm enough to take her meds and water. You didn't mention Asha's white count other than her being on antibiotics. If she had and infection like a UTI that would cause her nausea and vomiting. In the ER we would give someone with Asha's symptom's IV fluids and start her on antibiotics if the white count was high. Pepcid or Zantac IV, especially if they think it's gastric. We could treat the nausea with Reglan (most prescribed), Compazine, Zofran (most expensive) or Phenergan (cheapest). We'd say nothing by mouth although Asha doesn't have an IV though so drinking is her only source of hydration. PO antibiotics when you're already nauseous are difficult to tolerate.

Her white count was normal Manuel.
For now she has quit getting sick and just lying around. I think Asha was hurting alot when she was getting sick as she was feeling somewhat better this morning and overdid it. Guess I'm going to crate her until I can see the vet tomorrow if they can get me in.

For now she has quit getting sick and just lying around. I think Asha was hurting alot when she was getting sick as she was feeling somewhat better this morning and overdid it. Guess I'm going to crate her until I can see the vet tomorrow if they can get me in.

Oh no Robin, poor Asha. If her back is what is hurting her then the motion of throwing up could cause her pain...I know when I was having disc problems and I had to vomit my back hurt. Pain also makes me very nauseated. It was a vicious cycle.

Did they do any xrays?

Fingers crossed and prayers sent for both of you.

Did I read right she was put on antibiotics for infected anal glands? I forgot to mention above antibiotics would also be given for bacteria in the urine even if the white count was normal.

Get well soon Asha! :luv:

Robin
That's what I thought, that the antibio's could have upset her tummy.
Let us know how she is today. (((Little Queen)))

Dropped her off at the vet 30 minutes ago so they can have her til this afternoon to do xrays and more checking. I really do feel like it's her back but we'll see.

hope the vet can figure out what's wrong and get her feeling better soon. Please update us when you know.

So does this board have telapathic people or what? LOL or am I just sending out strong vibes that something is amiss?

Foster Rowdy pulled down an unopened box of puppy treats yesterday and I think Asha ate the WHOLE thing. She had such a tummy ache last night and this morning that she wouldn't eat or move much. The vet likened it to a kid who sneaks into the candy jar~ they know they shouldn't but can't help themselves. Tonight she's moving around more and just getting ready to try to give her some supper to see if she'll eat or not.

That's a relief! I'm glad it turned out to be a simple case of indigestion.

I am so happy it was something simple. I have to wonder if she'll shy away from those treats from now on???

Back