Now Asha is puking

That's just it tho. She's never had those particular treats before so vet thinks it'll be all other foods/treats than the science diet at least for a while. Then we'll find out if it's here to stay and congenital or not. Hopefully not.

I am so happy it was something simple. I have to wonder if she'll shy away from those treats from now on???

Probly not, Maggie has had to go to the vets a couple of times for "over-eating" or eating something she should not.

One time she ate most of a bag of Harrison's birdfood, which is dry cubes of really great birdfood...A couple of the little cubes would not have hurt her but 5 lbs? she then got thirsty and drank water and the cubes swelled and so did her tummy....she was groaning and me worried about bloat took her to the ER vets...as she was waddling down the hall to the exam-room she finally vomited (impressive 2 foot launch) most of it up....looked around and wagging her nub was going to clean it up for them.... I have no doubt if the oppurtunity arose again for her to munch on the bird food she would,,\ even to excess again.

Another time she pushed a large tin of cookies & fudge off the edge of the kitchen table and proceeded to munch away at a rapid pace so as to eat as many as possible before we got back in the front door...we were saying good by to the people who had brought them for christmas...not knowing how much chocolate she had eaten off we went to the ER vets again this time they gave her something to make her throw up and throw up she did...WHOLE COOKIES...she had not even chewed. The staff got a big kick out of that, I was mortified to know that I did not have a cocker after all but a piggie in fur.

Poor Asha. She is sure a Cocker piggie! :naughty: Mozart eats anything and everything not nailed down. I have to constantly watch him outside or else dig up the entire yard. Nothing on the counter nor in the trash is sacred. Think I'm starving this pooch?

One time she ate most of a bag of Harrison's birdfood, which is dry cubes of really great birdfood...A couple of the little cubes would not have hurt her but 5 lbs? she then got thirsty and drank water and the cubes swelled and so did her tummy....she was groaning and me worried about bloat took her to the ER vets...as she was waddling down the hall to the exam-room she finally vomited (impressive 2 foot launch) most of it up....looked around and wagging her nub was going to clean it up for them.... I have no doubt if the oppurtunity arose again for her to munch on the bird food she would,,\ even to excess again.

OMG. :O She is so lucky to have thrown it up.

You know the really funny part is that she does not bolt her food when fed. She takes her time and chews each bite.

Naughty girl! She did that time cause she knew she shouldn't.. my dogs will try to get into the bird food I keep for the wild birds. I keep it in one of those old fashioned galvinized garbage cans.

I feel your pain DJ . . . Quigley (RIP) once ate an entire box of Bran Buds. You know . . . the highly concentrated bran cereal that you are only supposed to eat by the spoonful, with yogurt? His tummy expanded just like Maggie's did . . . he had horrendous gas and diarrhea. In hindsight, I'm VERY lucky that he didn't die. He ate everything and anything he could get his teeth on . . . I have a HUGE list of stuff he ate. The week before he died he ate a $60 box of chocolates that I had brought back from China for a family friend. Never even got gas. He had a stomach of steel!

Back