Our Therapy Boy

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
It's time for Stormy's renewal of his Therapy title. So, off to the vets we go tomorrow first thing! Storms for his check up for his title, Pep for his skin, and Pogs, Pep, and Storm for nails :D

Wow! The boys will have an outing two days in a row!

It's time for Stormy's renewal of his Therapy title. So, off to the vets we go tomorrow first thing! Storms for his check up for his title, Pep for his skin, and Pogs, Pep, and Storm for nails :D

Wow! The boys will have an outing two days in a row!

Somehow I think they'll like yesterday's outing better.:) Hope all goes well at the vet.

LOL Robin,
I don't usually take Tunie to the dog park anymore. I want to protect her eyes.

And Pepper hid under the bed this morning. Dern! And I won't grab him because he is a fear biter. So, I will take Tunie and Pep next week.

Stormy and Pogo went today.

Pogo lost both his dinners from yesterday all over the reception area floor ;)

Dr said Pog's fatty tumor is exactly the same, no problem there.

And boy did the whole office love Stormy!
MY vet said that he wished all his clients could see what a cocker is supposed to look like.

Stormy laid on the table froggy style. Dr said he laid there like a king!

He really looked him over. Also said that his chip couldn't be read. I'm to bring him back in may when they get their new scan gun, they even called AKC to have the chip checked out. They xrayed his shoulder and back to be sure the chip was there and it was.

Dr said that he has seen too many cockers what are neurotic. He said that our cockers are so nice. I just said thank you.:)

So Pogo and Stormy have nice short nails again. Next Monday Pepper (if he comes out from under the bed) and Petunia will. I'm going to have Tunie's eyes checked again. My vet said that as long as they don't hurt her, that she is okay. The pressure is a little high but not too bad. We'll check them out next week. It's easier taking 2 at a time anyway.

Polly said:
I don't usually take Tunie to the dog park anymore. I want to protect her eyes.
Isn't there anything Tunie can wear as protection so she can play in the park?

Polly said:
Also said that his chip couldn't be read. I'm to bring him back in may when they get their new scan gun, they even called AKC to have the chip checked out.
I'm hearing this more and more. I would be upset putting my boy through chipping and then finding out it didn't work.

The chip isn't that bad.. our vet had done it and none of the dogs even yipped. My scanner reads all chips. Perhaps the dang thing needed batteries or something.

Isn't there anything Tunie can wear as protection so she can play in the park?

I'm hearing this more and more. I would be upset putting my boy through chipping and then finding out it didn't work.

I do have a sun visor for her Manuel.. and I will take her to the Park near Dee Dee's house, but this one I wanted to check out first. To be sure it was clean and taken care of. Because of Tunie's age, I want to protect her.

It was clean, so, maybe next time we will take her.:)

Manuel
Chipping is just like a shot really.. and all my others chips can be read. They think the chip itself may be defective. If it is, then I will just have another put in.

When I get home, I'll look what kind of chip was put in. I want to say it's the one with AKC registry. Could they have been using the wrong scanner? It read ok here before he left to you. I think it's their scanner that was messing up as chips don't usually do that. Maybe even go to another vet and see if it can be read? I'd hate to think they'd be trying to get you to just chip him again for a fee.

I'm glad it was a good vet visit, although I'm sure Pogo was hungry when he got home LOL Poor guy.

I always get great comments on my dogs when I take them to the vet, because they're so well-behaved. It's a great feeling, isn't it????

Robin it is an AKC chip. They even called AKC. They can see the chip in xrays. They don't want to replace it yet, not till they get their new scanner in may.

Back