Panacur Doseage

sab3mmom

Owned by
2 cockers
I finally bought a 3-day run for all five of my guys since Coco had his 3rd tapeworm shot with no effect at all! I don't know what my vet is using but it's either out of date or these are not tapes. Looks like tapes to me and this ain't my first time around the tapeworm block... Anyways, I was wandering thru Merlin's file (his previous owners took good care of him) and noticed a 5-day run of Panacur. Since these rescues may have had these tapes for God knows how long before they showed I'm wondering if I should go for a 5 day treatment instead of 3? Wondering too if Coco needs some breathing room before I start dosing him up. I've only just recently gotten control over his pooping problem and he's near firm again with few oopsies. He's perky again (for a 14 year old) and seems to be feeling good but he's still got a LOT of worms. :'( Monte's shot seems to have worked although he's scooting occasionally. His worms actually showed in his *driveway cookies* dead. Never with Coco. For that I think a re-infestation is not the case. To me, the shots have not worked for Coco OR the vet is shooting the stuff in one of his many fatty tumors...

Wishing and hoping to put this paid...stat!

I won't be home until the morning. My vet med book (at home) list various treatment dosages (depending on the source). I'll see if there's 5 day treatment listed. I would go with the highest listed dosage since these worms seem hard to kill. I know you seem certain these are worms--I think you said before they were wiggling around. I would still take a sample in to your vet to confirm it and to let your vet know the shot didn't work.

Sounds like you are having a heck of a time getting rid of the worms. I would definitely let your vet know whatever he is doing isn't working.

Sharon
Manuels suggestion sure makes sense to me. That's what I would do in your shoes. I'm so lucky, I have never really had a problem with my crew with worms, thank God!:)

I have told the vet and he just keeps insisting Coco is getting re-infested. I'm not buying that with the size and healthyness of these worms. He's either shooting him in a tumor or his meds are outta date...has to be. I've never had a problem like this either. Mendi once in a while. Coco's just not giving them up!

oh - I'm going with the 5 day...maybe the 10 day if I don't start seeing some dead worms. If this don't work I'm gonna have to take him to another vet. Charlie's on day 2 now and I haven't seen any side effects even though the stuff comes with a warning that it could cause vomiting. Gonna wait until Saturday to start Coco just in case he has a problem. Easier to handle vomit and diarrhea on week-ends...;)

Back