rescue Panacur to the Rescue(s)!

sab3mmom

Owned by
2 cockers
Finally gave up last week and got the stuff after three Coco vet visits and shots. Charlie showed up loaded with worms too so I decided not to waste my $$ on these ineffective shots my vet was giving (except for Monte's was effective). Treated Charlie and Coco last weekend - staggering treatment so if I had to clean up vomit you know - and everyone is now clear! Each got a 5 day run and only Coco had a problem - diarrhea. He has a verrry sensitive tummy so expected. Coulda been the melon I gave him...

Sharon
So glad everything came out okay! :p And the kids are finally clear.

Interesting to note...I think it said on the packaging or in Manuel's post earlier - discourage puppers from eating dirt or drinking outdoor standing water. Charlie eats dirt and Coco drinks from the saucer of my potted plant. Things that make me go hmmmm. Possibilty there!

Gabby loves drinking out of puddles. Not a good habit. :uhh:

gotta dump all standing water -- could be mosquito larvae, hence how heartworms are gotten.

Anyhow, the standard protocol for panacur was 3 days.. but vets noticed that some of those pesky parasites needed 5 days so they changed it. Not for the Tapes, but for the other stuff it kills.

We still do the 3 day here for my own dogs, but the fosters get the 5 day, since we don't know their past or whatever. I don't even bother to send a fecal, we just DO IT.

Oh yeah and parasites can live it dirt for a while. Once a year we 'lyme' the yard... helps to kill stuff in dirt.

PS - -usually the Panacur clears UP diarrhea -- poop soup...

Back