Poll... How many of our cockers are microchipped?

Are your Pets Microchipped

• Total voters

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
You all know that I lurk and post a little on the zim forum. Today one of the members lost her beautiful cocker. Another member saw a post on craigs list. And notified the zim members. It was her little one. The person who found her took her to the local vets who also called the owner.

They had this poll going on zim's list.. I thought it was worth repeating here.

All of mine are microchipped and also registered. They each wear a tag with their names, our names and our number on them. They each wear a tag with their microchip number on it and the 800 number of the chip company on it. They each have the county of Los Angeles license on also except Tunie. She is illegal LOL.. since my legal limit is 3, but Tunie never goes outside to bark, and only goes out to potty so she is safe.

In Canada, breeders that register their dogs with the Canadian Kennel Club are required to permanently identify puppies before they are sold - so that means either tattooing them or microchipping them. Mine are all chipped and registered to me, with their breeders as an alternate contact, since I'm on close contact with the breeders of my dogs.

That's great the Zim board helped track down a lost cocker. I haven't chipped Gabby but our neighbors on the corner called us once to let us know Gabby was visiting them. They called the number on his tag.

All of mine are chipped since i almost lost my fave cocker of all time Stormy not long ago!

Both of my cockers are chipped. We have to fill out the form and send in the registration fee for Woody this week and I need to call the company for Pluto's microchip to get another tag because its almost unreadable. They both have name and phone number tags and Pluto has the Polk County license tag. Woody will get one when he is 6 months old.

Even though they never go outside alone, I feel they should have the ID tags just in case and I feel better knowing they are chipped.

All of mine are chipped since i almost lost my fave cocker of all time Stormy not long ago!

I remember you telling me that story Robin!

Even dogs like Stormy who don't bolt as a rule will run if they see another animal or a cat or something..

Both my dogs are micro chipped and even Miss Regina the indoor cat. You just never know so I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

All of mine are microchipped and also registered. They each wear a tag with their names, our names and our number on them. They each wear a tag with their microchip number on it and the 800 number of the chip company on it. They each have the county of Los Angeles license on also except Tunie. She is illegal LOL.. since my legal limit is 3, but Tunie never goes outside to bark, and only goes out to potty so she is safe.[/QUOTE]

All three of the girls are chipped as is one of my birds (LOL, no one would want to keep Dharma so they would check and return her to me ASAP). but I do not put my micro chip number tag on them. Here is way. I was told that if they have your phone and chip number they can change your personal info on the website. I know that I have updated both my mom's info for her little boston, Lady and for my daughter's Buddy boy (who is presently having a snoring contest with Maggie on my couch). Now this may have changed. Call me crazy but I have three collars for each girls. when I take them to be boarded their tag has the number of the boarding facility on it: when we go to the boat they have our slip number and cell phone number on it; here at home they have my cell number and home phone number.

DJ, I don't think you're crazy at all! I think you're prepared and smart . . . and your dogs would stand a VERY good chance of being returned to you if they went missing from any of those locations.

Oh DJ
I didn't think of that! That makes sense. I will take off the chip tags and have another made that says they are chipped. I think my post wasn't clear, Tunie is chipped, she just isn't licensed.

Well add Buttons to the list for having a chip. Big dog was chipped @ shelter before we brought him home.

I remember you telling me that story Robin!

Even dogs like Stormy who don't bolt as a rule will run if they see another animal or a cat or something..

Or your kids come home late at night and don't get the doors closed all the way.....

3 of my 4 have chips and tags. Cocomo has a tag (registered to rescue) but he is not chipped. At his age and in his condition I highly doubt someone would try to steal him nor can he run so the likelihood of him running away is zippo. Since he has a 3 year tag, his tag will probably outlive him! I don't think I want to give him anymore shots anyway. He was vaccinated twice last year in error and has TWO 3 year tags! My yard's secure and they're rarely out without me so I think we're pretty safe!

Back