Polly's Headshots of Stormy & Pogo for Review

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Ok Gang.. here are some headshots I took tonite. I did go over their TKs yesterday. Please be kind, but, honest :)
StormHead1.jpg

StormHead2.jpg

StormHead3.jpg

Polly, they both look good. The biggest thing (for me) is Stormy's topknot. It needs to be cleaned out quite a bit over the eyebrows. You can use the thinning shears (pointing in the same direction as the hair growth, towards the outer corner of the eye, sort of) to clean that "sticky-outy" hair out of there. Cockers should be nicely cleaned out over the eyebrows.

Pogo doesn't appear to grow hair as thick over the eyebrows, so he looks fine.

Shape is ok Polly,

but we gotta get those brows cleaned out.

I'm sure you can do it once you get a good idea of how it should look, and where to start.

Can even use the clippers (against grain) LIGHTLY over them, and then clean out from outside corner of eye towards ear.

Yep, they look GREAT though

Or if you're scared to use thinners or want to 'cheat' you can also use your #10 with the hair growth just above the eyes then blend the TK with the shorter hair using the thinners. ;)
Where'd all that gray hair come from LOL?????? :p

Ok Gang.. I will try on Stormy tomorrow and post more pix! I will try using the #10 above the eyes right?

Robin that was just the light.. The Storms has no grey yet LOL.

Now.. do I start in the middle across the nose.. do I use Pogo as kind of an example??

I never did TK's before.. only shaved them clean. Still do that with the Pepper because his looks so silly.

Now.. how do you do the whole thing with clippers?

Questioning minds want to know!!!

well, I emailed the video's, that might help with some of the questions,

and a lot of it is owner preference, but you want it clean -- no whispies,

If you want, I can try to draw it on his picture using a paint program?

Yes, after looking at Pogo's pic, use him. Do leave some hair inbetween the eyes ( an upright 'V') as you see in Pogo's pic to accentuate the stop.
You can do it, yes, you can!!!! LOL!

Stormy's After Pictures

Ok Gang.. be kind.. LOL
These are todays after my first attempt.^_^
These first one are dry right after I trimmed. Last ones have a little Crown finishing on him.
Good-Storm.jpg

With the finishing spray damping his TK..
GoodFinishStorm.jpg
Stormfinished.jpg

Thank you Linny!
His TK still stands up a little around his eyes. And dumb me, I figured I could use my mini oster.. the blade I think is shorter than a 10 so he has one spot that is nearly bald :blink: But I can see a difference in him already.

Any more pointers? I did download the head page you sent me, it was helpful. As was your video but anything else I should be doing?

Better Polly!

no matter what, he's as cute as the dickens

Yes Linny. And what's so wonderful about Stormy is that he's so sweet. Such a sweet natured boy. Boy did I luck out when Robin sent him to us!

Robin! Thank you!!!

oh don't use shorter than a 9 / 10 if you're doing it with clippers.

Best bet is to use the thinning sheers and I can send you some pictures of that if you want.

I have to whack at Lings yet.. didn't finish grooming her as I was still working on doing more videos. Bummer I can't get it all on one, but that's the way it's working out

It's beyond me. They look great Polly. Someday I'll know what's going on. For now, I'll just lurk and learn. I'm getting to Fostermom's videos.

Manuel Linny's video's are great! She also has a link to a grooming page that is great. I'm sure she will send it to you.

She also drew me a diagram of how he should be cut that helped me a lot.:)

Polly, the kids look great! I know it can be a little intimidating when it comes to trimming their fur close to their eyes... especially when they move! What I try to do is cover the eye with one hand and hold their muzzle so they wont move then use a #9 and lightly go against the grain around the eyebrow till its even. Its not perfect, but at least those long brows are gone.

Thanks All!
Yes Mike, I like his look much better! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with his face LOL. I was trying hard to perserve the beautiful look that Robin sent him to me with. LOL.. he looked like a cross between Wolfman and Frankinstein LOL...

Michael does at least one piece a week with the "classic creatures"
LOL.. here's this weeks.. you can see what I mean. ;)

Last edited:
Michael does at least one piece a week with the "classic creatures"
LOL.. here's this weeks.. you can see what I mean.
That's a laugh! ^_^

Back