rescue Puppy mill bust in Central Kansas

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
There were 9 adult cockers but I can only take 4 dang it. Hate having to choose. Also have to find a way to get them here in next few days. No details as yet except colors, sexes, ages. Will post more as get more. Sigh.

Oh Robin...
Poor babies.. Wish I was close enough to help..

Are you going to do a fundraiser?

That's good of you to take the ones you can. I hope the other 5 will find a resue too.

Ok either running up to get tonight or tomorro.
2-3 y/o buff male
5-6 y/o brown female
5-6 y/o brown & white parti females (2 of these)
Will probably do a fundraiser of some kind depending on what kind of shape they're in.

Oh Man, I wish they would get all these places shut down. So glad that these 4 will now get a chance.

Just got home and everyone settled. OMG the HORRENDOUS SMELL for the 2 hour drive all the way home. Smelled like a mixture of skunk plus a refinery. The buff boy has the worst matting. I'll have to weigh his mats after they're off the poor guy. He even has one hanging off the front of his sheath if you can believe that and it gets peed on when he goes. Geez. I've already named him Buster. The parti girls don't seem to be as matted but I'm afraid to really feel the brown girl. She looks like a wooly mammoth and I'm hoping she's not prego as she seems awfully fat and it's not hair I don't think. :-o
You'll all be glad to know the other cockers got picked up too by other rescues. Hooray! I've heard if you google cocker puppy mill bust in Kansas you'll find an article. They had other breeds too as well but cockers made the headline.

I am so glad you will get those cockers back into decent shape. You are a saint.

Poor babies!! I know the "before" pictures will make me relly sad and angry. Looking forward to the "after."

Oh my Robin! I can remember some of the horrible condition dogs Linny got from the Mills. I sure wish I was there to help.

I can't wait to see the pix.

Oh my god. I wish I were still in Oklahoma, I would love to help. Those poor babies! It sucks you couldn't take them all, but taking 4 of them is a huge responsibility and you're amazing for doing so. I'm glad the others went to another rescue! If you do a fundraiser, I'll definitely pitch in!

Robin, Let me know how I can help with the fundraiser. Our club voted to donate some cocker prints that we have for a fundraiser. Others were talking like they had things to offer as well. I have some things to donate as well....Thanks for all you are doing.....Take care of yourself...Joyce

Wonderful of you to do this. Hmmm I think the paperwork that came with our Maggie said she was bred somewhere in Kansas. I wonder if she came from a puppy mill, since she wound up at a pet shop in NJ and ultimately with Linny. Hard to believe she will be 7 in a few weeks.

Wonderful of you to do this. Hmmm I think the paperwork that came with our Maggie said she was bred somewhere in Kansas. I wonder if she came from a puppy mill, since she wound up at a pet shop in NJ and ultimately with Linny. Hard to believe she will be 7 in a few weeks.
Wow time does fly....

Back