Riley: Horrible News

karenwalksthedogs

Staff member
Owned by
2 cockers
I just talked to the vet. I almost can't type. Some of the swelling in Riley's foot is down. They expect that most of the skin on his foot will sluff off. The bad news is that Riley is showing no feeling in his foot. If they pinch it he has no reaction. It could just be the swelling but they think there might be deep nerve damage. There appears to be feeling to his hock but not beyond.They aren't sure if his hip is in joint or not but that is the least of Riley's worries at this time. He is on strong antibiotics and we might not know for several days if Riley has gangrene or not. I'm going to go hug Dylan and cry now.

Karen,

Pika and I are sending warm thoughts, hugs and prayers to Riley and his Moma.

Karen, I'm so sorry. Perhaps in a day or so, you will know more. Riley will be in my prayers for sure.

oh dear,

The Butternut Gang all hold paws and bow head to say a few prayers for Dylan and his mama

I hope they are able to give you a better idea what's going on. Poor Riley. Sending him lots of cocker prayers tonight :luv:

I'm so sorry to hear this Karen. Sending mega prayers to Riley & you! Please keep us updated.

Prayers are going out from the Piechota gang for Riley and his family.

We have asked others in our family to include him in their prayers as well.

Prayers from the StormBeau Crew in OK that it's just because his foot/leg is swollen. :pray::pray::pray::pray: STRONG healing thoughts coming your way too.
Sounds like your vet is on top of the problem.

Cocker and human prayers for Riley (and Karen and Keith) from us in Connecticut. Could the lack of feeling be from the dislocation and eventually come back as it heals? Try to be as calm as possible until a final diagnosis is made. (Yeah, sure, be calm.....not likely, but give it a try, dear Karen.) We are all gathering around you.

Oh, poor Riley and family. Thoughts and prayers coming your way from Ohio.
(((((hugs)))))

Oh Karen, you have NO idea how much I wish I could come and give you a hug and have a nice drink with you. I'm sure this is very, very tough for you . . . but please do NOT beat yourself up. You did everything right . . . you checked his foot, managed his activity and loved him with all your heart. Now the vets have to do their part, and make sure he's okay.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{KAREN}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Karen, you and your boys are dearly loved on this forum! We all are feeling your pain with you and wish there was something we could do to make this all go away!

Sending love and prayers from Southern California!

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes. They help a lot. I just keep tearing up, Dylan walks around like he is lost, Regina doesn't want to leave my lap, and Keith is trying to comfort all of us even though he is very upset, too.

Karen, thanks for e-mailing me, I don't get here everyday. When will you know for sure what is going on?

((( Karen )))
I am in tears reading this and oh how I wish that I could do more for you than just sending these words of support to you. We will be praying so hard for Riley, I am lighting a candle and sending you the strongest of prayers and healing thoughts.

Stay strong

Karen, Sending our strongest cocker prayers for Riley, you, Keith and the rest of your cocker family from Western PA. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope we have some better news with the next up date. Holding you close .... Peggy

He just has to get better after the swelling goes down. He just HAS to. All sorts of good mojo from us

Back