Share #2 - Monte Kibbles

sab3mmom

Owned by
2 cockers
He's that gorgeous little sweet-faced guy to the left! Adopted 3/15/08. He was brought along when I adopted Mozart in January but I had just lost Maxwell and did not want another older dog that I would lose soon. It was thought he was 10-ish. Although I told rescue I would take him, he was held for a dental and such. OK - good with that...call me when he's ready! Monte was found running the streets in Atlanta, Ga. and held in animal control for a long time. Time's up and someone thought to make a few calls to rescues and he was transported to Florida. When I didn't get the call back saying his dental and such was done I breathed a sigh of relief actually. Soon I realized Mozart needed a running mate, a friend. I tried my best to get Mozie into a dog park situation or play dates with another...didn't happen. Kept thinking about that little blonde and white guy and they got along fine! Sooo - sent an e-mail to rescue asking about the little guy...no response. Actually did that a few times and then finally filled out the application form again requesting the little guy. By the time I finally got him he was downhill badly. Infected eyes and ears and his hips were bad. Eye meds, ear meds, and Glucosamine. Took awhile to come outta his shell and deathly afraid of thunderstorms but good possibilities! His previous name was Denny so I assume he was picked up trying to munch on garbage at Denny's. I was gonna name him Montana when I first saw him but then he came home and his features are so delicate Montana just didn't fit. His eyes are clear, his ears are clear although a problem still. Best of all, he spent 6 months on Glucosamine and no longer needs it. He runs like the wind and he and Mozart are excellent together! He's no longer afraid of thunderstorms cause now he knows my arms are right there for him. Last week he finally slept in my arms which is a major improvement for him! He is my newest heart dog...Monte

Last edited:
That's great hearing about Monte. Monte looks like my Gabby. Do you have any pics of all your dogs together? That would be neat. ^_^

Sharon
What a beautiful story about a beautiful boy. He's just lovely.
And what a great name! Monte....

Sharon, that's a really great story about Monte Kibbles . . . and I LOVE his name!

Forgot the best part...vet and I and rescue all agree...he's no more than 5 or 6 years old! :luv:

Glad to hear Monty has a good home with a mom and brothers to love him. Hope you have many happy years together.

WTG, Monte Kibbles and Sharon.

I wish you many happy and loving years together.:)

Back