Skin allergies

Catherine

Any advice for skin allergies. My poor baby has them bad. We know it's a seasonal allergy it only happens during the warmer months. She has a antihistamine spray that works wonders once she has a rash but I would love to prevent them if I could. Where not sure what it is but whatever it is she is she most be highly allergic to , she's a indoor dog and olny goes out long enough to use the bathroom ( she's hates it outside) , but her little tummy and legs and chest always break out. What do you guys do to help relieve skin allergies?

Not yet . Her vet is hesitant to do it because we no it's not a food allergy and more of a seasonal she has no problems during fall an winter

Flea season came early this year. I've seen them in our back yard. A bath seems to sooth my cocker the best. He's able to get a good sleep afterwards. I've seen advertisements for Apoquel (dog skin irritation product). You might ask your vet about it. Check the adverse effects first especially since you have a puppy.
Not yet . Her vet is hesitant to do it because we no it's not a food allergy and more of a seasonal she has no problems during fall an winter
You'll save yourself time and money getting this done especially if this is an ongoing issue.

I call her a pup but she actually 9 years old sorry about that. Shes on flea and tick prevention so I have to be careful on what I bath her with but I can definitely ask her vet if they have anything that won't wash iff her prevtion ( k-9 advantics 2) . She hates baths but if it will help I'm definitely willing to try, the poor thing constantly chews on or paws and I can help that a little by wiping them off with a baby wipe when she comes in but she has so much hair , even after we groom her that wipes don't help much for any where else.

Back