Skirts

Apollo_Moon

Owned by
2 cockers
I am growing Apollo and Moon's coat out this winter to keep them warmer. Well when I do the first groom of the year next spring when it warms up, I want to attempt the skirt. I'm not a fan off the skirt, but just for kicks and giggles, I want to try it on Apollo and Moon, take pictures, then shave them back down to their utility clip. I was wondering if you people who do the skirt cut could post of pictures for me so I can see how it's suppose to look exactly. I'd appreciate it :)

Hoshi hasn't had a skirt in years. I don't think there's any trimming done to a skirt. Just let his coat grow and brush it out. If I remember correctly Apollo has more of a field coat so his skirt may be naturally short.

Hoshi hasn't had a skirt in years. I don't think there's any trimming done to a skirt. Just let his coat grow and brush it out. If I remember correctly Apollo has more of a field coat so his skirt may be naturally short.

What is a field coat?

I can't really imagine growing out a Cocker skirt just for fun. It's a lot of work.

A field-coated Cocker has less hair than the 'show' coated Cockers do. They don't grow as much coat on the fronts of their legs as well as on the belly.

I can't really imagine growing out a Cocker skirt just for fun. It's a lot of work.

A field-coated Cocker has less hair than the 'show' coated Cockers do. They don't grow as much coat on the fronts of their legs as well as on the belly.

I'm doing it to see what they will look like. Apollo doesn't have much fur on the front legs. Moon seems to have more fur on her legs than Apollo does. I will have to get pics posted.

Apollo definitely doesn't have a beautiful coat like that. That's a very beautiful dog.

They're two different dogs - but I thought you'd like to see an example of the skirt.

I like skirts and I think what I have is a shortened skirt, but I could be wrong. A full show skirt is a lot of work, beautiful but a lot of upkeep.

The skirt is trimmed. According to the breed standard, the skirt flows into the lines of the dogs bevel and has a slight arch through the tuck up. Specifically the highest point of the skirt is directly under the last rib on a properly proportioned cocker.

6cca6d5b-4c46-bad1.jpg

This is Kermit, a friends cocker that I compete in grooming competitions with. The skirt rises slightly off the ground.

When they just grow out, it looks sloppy like my Jackson during the last grow out.
6cca6d5b-4c80-7c12.jpg

The skirt is trimmed. According to the breed standard, the skirt flows into the lines of the dogs bevel and has a slight arch through the tuck up. Specifically the highest point of the skirt is directly under the last rib on a properly proportioned cocker.

6cca6d5b-4c46-bad1.jpg

This is Kermit, a friends cocker that I compete in grooming competitions with. The skirt rises slightly off the ground.

When they just grow out, it looks sloppy like my Jackson during the last grow out.
6cca6d5b-4c80-7c12.jpg

I can't see the pictures. :( Like your explanation though.

Let me try again

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346885144.439064.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346885144.439064.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 60
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346885187.059353.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346885187.059353.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 58
Thank you for fixing the photos. From what Manuel and a few others have said, my two have field coats. They definitely aren't fluffy like that. That's a whole lot of hair to be keeping up with.
Imagine what Karen says she has to do! And, I remember what Kelly went thru to keep JackJack's coat in tip top shape. Harder with a buff dog cause of the pee. On Facebook yesterday someone shared a picture of a black dog. It was the most beautiful coat I have seen. I think it was European.

Thank you for fixing the photos. From what Manuel and a few others have said, my two have field coats. They definitely aren't fluffy like that. That's a whole lot of hair to be keeping up with.
Imagine what Karen says she has to do! And, I remember what Kelly went thru to keep JackJack's coat in tip top shape. Harder with a buff dog cause of the pee. On Facebook yesterday someone shared a picture of a black dog. It was the most beautiful coat I have seen. I think it was European.

Do you think they would let you post it on here? Or message me the link?

Back