Spring Groomies

Polly

Super Moderator
Staff member
Owned by
1 cocker
Well, I got busy while waiting for Jen and Sandra! ^_^

The first two are of Pogo, right where I groom. Showing his chest and a side body view. I even left them skirts, which I never do. I used my 7F on their backs and clipper combs on legs chest and skirts.

Here's Pogo
Pogosideview.jpg
PogoChestView.jpg

The rest we took on our front portch.
FrontView.jpg
Back-View-1.jpg

And of Pepper, just because. He's my little old man.
Baby1.jpg

Super nice job Polly, no sticky-outies either!! (technical term!) lol They look great!

Oh Polly...what a beautiful group you have!! Love their cuts and matching bandanas. Wow...Did you do all three today?
You have really been busy while waiting on Sandra's puppies. :)

Oh Polly...what a beautiful group you have!! Love their cuts and matching bandanas. Wow...Did you do all three today?
You have really been busy while waiting on Sandra's puppies. :)
Thanks everyone! Kathy, actually it was a lot to come off... they got their baths Friday.. then yesterday I took my scissors to their legs and got some of that off.. then today I did backs and finishing. Vern kept saying that Stormy looked like a brown brillow pad.. I was trying to grow backs out on Pogo and Stormy.. but I decided to take it all off today. Their legs were so long it took so much shampoo.. and a lot of rinsing.. and Stormy developed a matt.. so off it all came :D

Through the years I have had a lot of help.. from Robin, Linny and Kelly. I would take pix email them and they would draw on my pix and email them back. I love using the clipper combs, I can use them on Pepper and Stormy, Pogo just a little.. he doesn't like them at all. Pogo won't allow me to use clippers on his muzzle either.. I have to do it all by hand.
I think I may have nicked him once.

I also have a couple grooming DVDs that Kelly bought me. I love them.
Jody Murphy - Am Cocker Suburban Trim

And
Jay Zecco and Sue Scruggs Am Cocker Grooming They are great!!!!

Oh Kathy Linny made the bandana's for me.. I have a whole collection!

Well they all are just darling!! I love the length on their legs...that is a wonderful spring and summer cut. I will have to try that as soon as it warms up. I usually shave all the way down in summer and just trim rest of year...I really like the cuts on your boys...they are beautiful and so happy!

Polly, I have the same problem with Fenway. He does not like the clippers on his muzzle or his throat area. I have the hardest time, I clip him as I can. Have to sneak up on him. Do what I can clip at first. It is a battle of wills. He was shown at one time. He always was that way. His litter mates are the same. I have a pair of thinning shears by Jodi Murphy, I really like them. She is great, I got to see her at the grooming expo last weekend.

Well they all are just darling!! I love the length on their legs...that is a wonderful spring and summer cut. I will have to try that as soon as it warms up. I usually shave all the way down in summer and just trim rest of year...I really like the cuts on your boys...they are beautiful and so happy!
It is a great summer length. Pogo loves to swim so it's great for that. Much easier to brush out also.

Polly, I have the same problem with Fenway. He does not like the clippers on his muzzle or his throat area. I have the hardest time, I clip him as I can. Have to sneak up on him. Do what I can clip at first. It is a battle of wills. He was shown at one time. He always was that way. His litter mates are the same. I have a pair of thinning shears by Jodi Murphy, I really like them. She is great, I got to see her at the grooming expo last weekend.
Maybe next year I'll go and meet you there! I love Jody Murphy. She is a great teacher. I have really cheap thinning shears. I bought a couple pair and Robin sent me a couple pair.. I also like using cheap friskars $8.00 shears LOL.. I use them till they dull then get new ones. I don't use curved, never have.. I have a pair and don't really like them.

Yes that would be great Polly. That grooming expo was FUN!! I felt like a kid in a candy store. My breeder friend was at the San Diego show last weekend. So another friend and I were house sitting for her and we took one of her dogs as a demo dog. We got to watch the seminar entitled " super styling the cocker". Very interesting since I do not know how to do a puppy cut I only know the show trim. I picked up another pair of thinning shears and got a great deal on some shampoos. Even tried to get prize donations for nationals and an upcoming specialty that our club is doing. This will be my first year doing show chair. Should be interesting.

Yes that would be great Polly. That grooming expo was FUN!! I felt like a kid in a candy store. My breeder friend was at the San Diego show last weekend. So another friend and I were house sitting for her and we took one of her dogs as a demo dog. We got to watch the seminar entitled " super styling the cocker". Very interesting since I do not know how to do a puppy cut I only know the show trim. I picked up another pair of thinning shears and got a great deal on some shampoos. Even tried to get prize donations for nationals and an upcoming specialty that our club is doing. This will be my first year doing show chair. Should be interesting.
Great Nichole! BTW.. which club do you belong to? Is it the one based in San Diego?

We have a website westcoastcsc.com. We have been around for quite a while. Sorry our website is not current. You should join our club.

Back