Such a Good Girl!

dizzy

I've been doing a lot of work out at the farm where I have my horses. Only problem being, for some of it, I had to take down the fence so I could repair it. That meant, that instead of Callie being stuck in my field, she was able to get out. I had never let her out, though she had gotten out a couple of times in the past, because at least one of the other horses on the farm will attack dogs. She had a blast that day, and kept coming back to my area.

My field on the farm is at the back. The parking area is grass, and I'm able to close it off and let the horses out there to graze. But, since it's only blocked off w/ropes, Callie is able to get under the ropes. After I got Callie, I started closing the gate into the field so the horses couldn't get back in the field and Callie couldn't get out. I decided to take a chance on leaving the gate open since she was so good when I was working on the fence.

Well, she's still good. She may go out of the area when I first let the horses out, but then she comes back and either stays in the field near me, or goes and lays in the shade under my truck. I think the horses appreciate that they can get back in the field when they want to since there isn't much shade in the parking area. It makes my life so much easier.

Thanks for checking in and I’m glad she’s having fun exploring her farm.

I no longer put a leash on her to get her out of the truck, or put her back in. I'll be glad when she's as good at home!

Back