Taking time off of work for new puppy?

kcpupper

Did you guys take time off of work for your new puppy? We'll be getting an English Cocker spaniel and will most likely be having 2 weeks off at the most?

What did you do within the time that you took off and how did potty training go for you?

Welcome! When we were working, we didn't take time out for our new dogs, but, we adopted adult rescues. We were retired when we finally
had our first puppy.

When we both worked we didn’t take more than a day or two off when we got a new puppy but tried to pick up the pup near the weekend so we had four days in a row with our puppy. We did, however, make sure that one of us could go home for lunch to potty our puppy and give him a good play session. We did that for several months.

I was working on a horse farm, so I took Callie w/me and stuck her in one of the stalls.

The important thing about puppies is that they need to be let out frequently. Their tiny bladders only hold so much kwim? At least 1 middle of the day trip is essential depending on how long you're out of the house.

Its nice if you can take a week or 2 off but not a requirement.

I work full time and I'm taking time off to travel and pick up our girl. But my mom will be at home with her, because she doesn't work. In my opinion, it's a bit like bringing home a newborn, so I want someone to be there to get her settled and start showing her the rules and keeping an eye on her.

Back