The Wonderful World of Disney!

Buffington'sMom

Owned by
1 cocker
Hello everyone,

I'm not new here but now that we've had our new puppy for a couple of weeks, I thought I'd let all of you know just how great he is! He was born December 1st, so he's almost 4 months old. I'm glad our breeder agreed to hold onto him while we went on vacation because he got to spend extra time with his Mommy and lots of other cockers. The breeder babysits for other people that she knows that have cockers, so there are always plenty of playmates around!

Our house is now officially the Wonderful World of Disney! We bought the puppy and then went to Florida for vacation. Part of our time was spent at DisneyWorld, so we thought Disney would be a great name for the puppy! I let the breeder know and she loved the idea....she started calling him by his name right away which worked out great!

He is SO cute, SO lovable, SO sweet and SO good!!! He is wonderful about spending time in the crate, even at night. He whimpered for about 30 seconds for the first week or so, but now he just settles down and hasn't even had an accident in there. Housebreaking in general is going pretty well....as long as we take him out regularly, he's fine. Of course, we make a big deal of him going potty outside and give rewards, so he's catching on nicely.

He loves to CHEW....which is very expected and we've had to replace many toys already. The breeder sent him home with a hoof (cow? horse?) and he loves that. I bought him a 'Dogzilla' the other day and there are already teeth marks in it. Those puppy teeth are murder! I know his adult teeth will be coming in before too long and hopefully the chewing will subside. Thankfully, he doesn't want to chew our fingers, furniture or shoes but we watch him all the time too.

We just love him so much! We didn't realize how empty the house was for the 6 months after Buffy died....now we have new life. It's so much fun!

I really love the name! Disney is one of my favourite places EVER! Sounds like he's settling in really well :)

Congratulations on getting your new puppy home, it sounds like you are having a blast with him. Disney is a great name (and my favorite place to visit.).

Can't wait to see pictures of him. Awww sweet puppy breathe.

Susan!
I adore his name! Great name! Can't wait to see pictures!

Welcome to the forum! Disney is such a cool name.

We're going through the chewing here too with Max, who is just a few days older than Disney. Sometimes he is fur with teeth! Disney will start losing his baby teeth soon if he hasn't already, so it should get better. I'm glad y'all are having so much fun together. :)

I so love the name! My favorite place to go is Seaworld so maybe not quite right for a doggie name but mebbe Shamu? Nah - doesn't fit my M thing I have going on....;)

Back