rescue Today a boy was saved

Hersh'sMom

Owned by
5 cockers
Boots was turned in at the shelter by his owner because he was moving and couldn't take him with. (Would you leave your kids behind if your new place didn't allow kids?) since he was a owner surrender, policy is to PTS for room. However, since he was part spaniel they held on to him til noon today to see if he could be rescued by a spaniel rescue. I put out the call on FB and within 2 hours I had a foster in my town and transport to get him to me. Someone was truly watching out for the last girl and this guy because I've asked for fosters before to no avail. Boots will be coming to me this evening and going to his foster home tomorrow. Sweet guy they said.
bd5029b9.jpg

I HATE PEOPLE!!!
He is cute. I bet you are right Dotty.. he looks like cocker/doxie doesn't he. I'm so glad you were able to save him Robin.

I'm thinking cavalier/doxie from his head and hair pattern. He's more of a standard doxie size, very young, and you can tell he didn't get out of his house much. He cowers and tries to bolt whenever a car drives by. He is curious about other fogs tho and wants to be friends. He's also probably about a year old.

Why for the love of heaven would someone allow their dog to be PTS because they are moving , I am with Polly too, that is sooooo wrong . Thank goodness you were able to save him.

A lot of people don't realize that shelters PTS owner surrenders. They are under the assumption they are ALL no kill shelters, which they are not. They think their pet will be safe and find a new home taking them there and that's not always the case. Today's society thinks of pets as throwaways. You use it and when you don't want it anymore or it's inconvenient, bye-bye. So sad.
But I know none of US are like that, thank goodness.

Awwwee, he is cute. I hope that he has a forever home soon with people who will love him always.

Adorable! His old people clearly don't deserve him. People like that should be chipped, so they can't adopt when they get to their new city!

I don't understand how people can leave their animals behind. A colleague of mine does the same thing. He adopts young dogs from shelters with the intent of surrendering them a few years later when they become older. Needless to say he's no longer my friend.

I don't understand how people can leave their animals behind. A colleague of mine does the same thing. He adopts young dogs from shelters with the intent of surrendering them a few years later when they become older. Needless to say he's no longer my friend.
OMG I HATE PEOPLE! :mad:

Back